John Terry

Farlz

On 06/01/2018 at 19:24, villarocker said:

That, for me, would simply be showing favouritism and not good for the players that Terry will leave behind when he pisses off at the end of the season and the others will still be here. 

Yes he should be the favourite. He was brought in, made captain, and the sole reason of him being here is to get us promoted. 2 months ago everyone was writing Elphick off as a dodgy 4th choice centre back.

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes he should be the favourite. He was brought in, made captain, and the sole reason of him being here is to get us promoted. 2 months ago everyone was writing Elphick off as a dodgy 4th choice centre back.

That's because Elphick had previously played like one whereas recently he's been solid and looks the part. Why spoil that if it's working?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think should leave Elphick in. However I'm that bothered if Terry plays although I'm prepared for the Bruce thread meltdown if he does play and we lose. 

elphick has got too many mistakes in him in spite of his good performances of late. we looked solid at the back before he got injured - terry back in for me. or drop chester?

Good to see him back.He and Chester slot together like they’ve been playing as fellow CMs for the whole of their lives.

Can’t really believe some people were arguing Elphick should retain his place despite Terry being fit again.

Edited by briny_ear

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Can’t really believe some people were arguing Elphick should retain his place despite Terry being fit again.

Wasn't that largely based on Bruce saying in his presser that Terry had rolled his ankle in training?

Anyway, great to have him back.

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Good to see him back.He and Chester slot together like they’ve been playing as fellow CMs for the whole of their lives.

Elphick deserved to retain his place. Plus I heard Terry had a shocker in the cup so maybe wasn't fit. 

I would have been happy regardless of who played. But it's great to see our Captain back. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Elphick deserved to retain his place. Plus I heard Terry had a shocker in the cup so maybe wasn't fit. 

I would have been happy regardless of who played. But it's great to see our Captain back. 

Terry is twice if not more the player that Elphick is so if his breathing is even showing signs of getting back to regular I would select him.

Â