John Terry

Farlz

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Can’t really believe some people were arguing Elphick should retain his place despite Terry being fit again.

I think it was based on a combination of Elphick having two solid games and the fact JT might still not have been 100% fit and apparantly rolling his ankle.

That said it turns out the descision to play JT turned out to be all fine in the end and shame he never got a goal either.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think it was based on a combination of Elphick having two solid games and the fact JT might still not have been 100% fit and apparantly rolling his ankle.

That said it turns out the descision to play JT turned out to be all fine in the end and shame he never got a goal either.

Absolutely this.

12 hours ago, sne said:

Wasn't that largely based on Bruce saying in his presser that Terry had rolled his ankle in training?

Anyway, great to have him back.

Yes, maybe it was. 

Maybe a case of Bruce trying to con the opposition?

No, I doubt if such a useless half-wit as Bruce could ever do that....

Not since Paul McGrath, have I been so happy with a Villa Player.

In a footballing sense of course.....I absolutely LOVE him.

just exudes Class.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

He really is brilliant, he seems to have such a strong love for the game.

Football is the same as any employment. You can be very good at your job without necessarily liking it, few are great at their jobs without liking them. 

Generally to get to the very top you have to love what you do and you see that with JT. 

12 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Yes, maybe it was. 

What sort of trick would that be? As if forest are going to change their game plan based on who plays centre half. 

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What sort of trick would that be? As if forest are going to change their game plan based on who plays centre half. 

Quite, no manager in footballing history has ever tried such a trick on an opposing side. ;)

22 hours ago, TRO said:

Not since Paul McGrath, have I been so happy with a Villa Player.

In a footballing sense of course.....I absolutely LOVE him.

just exudes Class.

I do like terry but you telling me you didbt love mellberg or laursen?

• Like 1

JT lurking halfway down page 2 for some reason. 

His instatwit account he talks about the great togetherness of the players. 

Seems we have a happy dressing room which is always vitally important. 

On the WM phone-in, Wyness said JT was offered a cheque for £10m up front to sign with a club Wyness refused to name. He said JT wanted to come here because he was golfing in Portugal and so was SB so SB got talking to him and persuaded him to come to Villa.

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

On the WM phone-in, Wyness said JT was offered a cheque for £10m up front to sign with a club Wyness refused to name. He said JT wanted to come here because he was golfing in Portugal and so was SB so SB got talking to him and persuaded him to come to Villa.

Plus we offered to help finish his coaching badges with Steve Round which probably sweetened the deal. He said JT has been a revelation around the place from the youth squad up.

Jts influence here has been nothing short of excellent. I feel axel was allowed to come here because of mourinhos relationship with JT. He knows JT will help him and this can only benefit us. With Chelsea likely to get rid of conte in the future who knows who they will bring in next. I know some would object but I think having terry here as a coach beyond this season would be magnificent.

i think he has the qualities to be a great coach before becoming a manager

On 14/01/2018 at 13:18, briny_ear said:

Yes, maybe it was. 

Still fishing for a bite :blink:

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Jts influence here has been nothing short of excellent. I feel axel was allowed to come here because of mourinhos relationship with JT. He knows JT will help him and this can only benefit us. With Chelsea likely to get rid of conte in the future who knows who they will bring in next. I know some would object but I think having terry here as a coach beyond this season would be magnificent.

i think he has the qualities to be a great coach before becoming a manager

Think terry will look to play on for another season and he said himself he would relish going to Chelsea with villa in the premier league .

“If you were to offer me the chance to get into the Premier League with Aston Villa, and face the scenario of playing Chelsea, then I would bite your arm off. In football we always say never rule anything out because it’s a funny game.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/03/john-terry-already-targeting-return-chelsea-manager-signing/

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Think terry will look to play on for another season and he said himself he would relish going to Chelsea with villa in the premier league .

“If you were to offer me the chance to get into the Premier League with Aston Villa, and face the scenario of playing Chelsea, then I would bite your arm off. In football we always say never rule anything out because it’s a funny game.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/03/john-terry-already-targeting-return-chelsea-manager-signing/

That would be awesome

On 21/01/2018 at 21:16, Heretic said:

Wyness is so full of shit. As if that's true.

edit: if a club did really offer 10m it would have been from a team abroad. Terry most likely turned it down for that reason. But Wyness isn't going to miss a chance to put a spin on the story to make it sound like he turned down 10m because he wanted to join us.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Confused 3

Â