John Terry

Farlz

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

While I'm in statto mode let me add we have averaged 1.77 points with him in the team and that it includes the awful start of the season. 

We've averaged 1.64 without him. 

(I've included Shef Wed as without him as he went off early). 

In terms of our best centre half pairing for points it's Elphick and Chester. But that was only over a 3 game period.

I have counted him in the Sheff Wed game as we were already losing by the time he left the field,  and we average 1.63 with him. We are averaging 1.80 without him, but I'd still have him back in.

Agree he should be given as much time as possible to recover especially with the nature of the injury.

I'm not sure posh will be the best place to give him loads of pitch time.  They will be well up for this as it is and all it would take is another miss timed lunge and we would be back to square 1.

Funny enough Bristol would have been the perfect opportunity, hopefully we will have another similar situation like that soon.

His return cannot be understated - we are getting towards the business end of the season and this guy knows how to steer a team when the pressure is on. Let alone that this massively strengthens us right after humbling Bristol 5-0 - it's almost unfair. 

• Like 2

I think he has been good this season but didn't see today. 

Regardless of today or this season, he does not deserve to go straight back into the team for the next league game ahead of either Elphick or Chester. They have been brilliant the last 2.5 games!

• Like 2

Just now, villarocker said:

Regardless of today or this season, he does not deserve to go straight back into the team for the next league game ahead of either Elphick or Chester. They have been brilliant the last 2.5 games!

Agreed with the second paragraph 

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He was awful today I thought and has been for much of the season

You really think that? He looks bit shaky early games but since Barnsley up to his injury he was a rock.

If he didn't look 100% today though then I agree its best to stick with the currant back 2 which have done so well last 2 games.  I would have rather found out he wasn't 100% today then against Forest. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

But he will. Regardless of today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

He probably will though.  

Tbf to Bruce he tends to handle returning players well. I would guess Terry will start on the bench and will be given 20 mins at the end, all being well.

Elphick doesn't deserve to be dropped and won' be imo.

• Like 1

Â