John Terry

Farlz

8 hours ago, villarocker said:

I don't care if people think he has done his bit. If I was a player, Captained by him, on PROBABLY, less money than him, I would think it fair to expect him to be there cheering on the team on match days - and not be 100+ miles away watching his old mates battle it out for second in the Premier League. 

Who manages John Terry? Bruce or Terry?

I don't think Samba, Kodjia or Davis were at the Derby game either.

Are you annoyed with them too?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Very but, not as much as the Captain!

So you think every player not selected in the match day squad should travel with the team?

we are going to need a bigger bus. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

So you think every player not selected in the match day squad should travel with the team?

we are going to need a bigger bus. 

Nope, I just think that injured players, that are close to getting back to fitness and considered for the first team, should go to the games and get involved anyway they can. I think the Captain should most definitely be there to cheer the team on and provide some inspiration. 

I went to a professional rugby match once and before the game I was introduced to two of the players. They were both long-term injuries with broken leg and torn knee ligament damage respectively. We talked abiut the game and they both said it would be difficult for their team to win because they were near botyom of the table and playing the run-away leaders who had trounced them earlier that season. Despite that, these two guys showed up to "cheer on the boys" and to try to provide a bit of vocal support for their teammates. 

I think our players could do with as much support as they can get. If Terry was sat at home recuperating it would be a different matter but he actually fancied attending a football match on Saturday afternoon - just not the match where his current teammates were. Personally, I don't like that. 

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a very strange thing to be annoyed about imo.

As far as I know Terry has attended all of the home matches since he's been injured. And he's attended at least a couple of the away ones.

Without any context around the situation I find the outrage that he's at the Chelsea game bizarre.

He lives down there. He's recovering from an injury and seemingly is using the Chelsea facilities as part of his recovery. For all we know he had some sort of physio session at midday and stuck around for the game.

If he was there against Villa's wishes, or he'd been asked to come to the Derby game and refused, THEN i could understand people being annoyed. As it is it just seems like moaning about nothing.

I am not annoyed, outraged or moaning. I would just prefer our Captain to support his current teammates on match days when he fancies watching a football match, rather than going to cheer on his old teammates. 

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

I am not annoyed, outraged or moaning. I would just prefer our Captain to support his current teammates on match days when he fancies watching a football match, rather than going to cheer on his old teammates. 

Where that is possible I totally agree and I can understand your sentiment behind your comments.

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

Four posts ago you said you were “very” annoyed!. Make your mind up!

13 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Four posts ago you said you were “very” annoyed!. Make your mind up!

It was tongue-in-cheek when I said that because it seemed like the poster was having a pop at me. As stated since, I would just prefer him to show support for his current teammates rather than his old ones. Obviously, if the games were at different times there would be no issue as players go to watch other teams all the time. But, on the same day and at the same time, when your current team is playing against a fellow promotion rival, I think it would have been better for him to be at Derby rather than Stamford Bridge.

No problem with him missing games he can't play in.

Star players, especially older ones always get special treatment, any club you look at.

He's done enough in the game not be have to go to Derby and watch Championship football in the middle of winter.

I don't doubt his professionalism, I also don't fault him for not becoming a die hard Villa fan just because we are paying him a lot of money to spend his golden year here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

It was tongue-in-cheek when I said that because it seemed like the poster was having a pop at me. As stated since, I would just prefer him to show support for his current teammates rather than his old ones. Obviously, if the games were at different times there would be no issue as players go to watch other teams all the time. But, on the same day and at the same time, when your current team is playing against a fellow promotion rival, I think it would have been better for him to be at Derby rather than Stamford Bridge.

Why? Injured players don’t have to attend games yet Terry has been to most of ours. He’s shown enough to prove he wants to be a success here so what’s  the big deal?

10 hours ago, villarocker said:

Personal preference, that is all. It's not life or death - just my thoughts on a situation. 

I checked for you. He had a follow up with the doctor at 2:15pm on the Saturday. That appointment went for approximately 30mins. He then thought, bit far to travel back so I'll stick around watch the match and have dinner with some mates.

Early the next morning he had a media briefing about his TV appearance the coming Monday.

He made it back later to give sick children presents so yay!! good captain again.

DRa7lCoWAAE0egM.jpg:large

Edited by villan_007
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â