John Terry

Farlz

43 minutes ago, villa89 said:

That's confirmation enough for me that your story is true. only candleface would offer that kind of huge money

And he can never help but flap his wobbly jowls at anyone who will listen

• Like 1

I literally don't give a shit.

I've tried caring. At first I tried not to want him, but he's won quite a lot hasn't he. So then I tried to want him. But he's also a complete arse and about 100 years old. 

Whatevs. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Some real sensitive souls on here.

If anyone needs a cuddle or a chat about the nasty man terry coming in give me a pm. 

Not sensitive at all - impossible when you have been a Villa fan for decades. he is word removed though!

• Like 1

The world, everybody's street, football, The Championship, every team, the Holte End,our current squad, and most definitely our previous squads, are/is/have been full of people both better and worse than Terry.

Seems a bit pointless to just select one to get concerned about.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

There's a good chance you're right but like I said it's not a guarantee. Doesn't matter how good you were and what level you drop to, there will always come a point where age beats you. 

Younger players have proved to be no further a guarantee either as we have signed plenty of them that have failed.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Younger players have proved to be no further a guarantee either as we have signed plenty of them that have failed.

Yes wouldn't disagree. I don't think it's just an age thing. Just a reason why some might have doubts or concerns. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

It's normal to have doubts, all signings are a slightly unknown quantity. I think to doubt his footballing ability based on personal transgressions would be unfair though.

I'm not religious, (quite the opposite!) but there is some value in 'let he without sin...' and all that.

I would and have employed a person based on their CV and interview, and I couldn't care less if they were a serial adulterer (for example)... it's just not relevant to the decision to hire someone or not.

i suspect there are many suitors with higher current football status than us who would be happy to take him......so I say, hats off to our hierarchy, its a coup in my book.

• Like 2

Â