Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

Just now, villa4europe said:

why are they "dodgy"?

and whats different between them and the various russians, yanks, chinese or other arabs that have been dictating transfer fees in football for the last decade? man city's arab owners have spent £130m on full backs this summer, emirates have pumped move all over europe through various teams, neymars move to barcelona was funded by having "qatar" on the front of their shirt...

You're right.  Nothing dodgy about Qatar, the way the country won the World Cup bidding or, indeed, any of their state-based sponsorship of European football.  Completely clean as.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You're right.  Nothing dodgy about Qatar, the way the country won the World Cup bidding or, indeed, any of their state-based sponsorship of European football.  Completely clean as.

ok i'll ask it differently then, why are they dodgier? 

chelsea have an owner who the popular rumour is bought the club and piled millions in to them to avoid a plutonium laced dinner

but that was ok and this isnt? football was long gone before this transfer

Edited by villa4europe

Just now, villa4europe said:

ok i'll ask it differently then, why are they dodgier? 

chelsea have an owner who the popular rumour is bought the club and piled millions in to them to avoid a plutonium laced dinner

but that was ok and this isnt?

Nope - and I don't think I've said that anywhere.

(Although, potentially, one person pumping their funds into a football club may be slightly less dodgy than an actual country doing it directly to a player).

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

Or maybe scrap FFP.  Why bother trying to come up with financial gymnastics to try and protect something which at its core is fundamentally anti-competition.  Just ditch it.

And we have a tiered system.  FFP is effectively tiered.  That's the problem.

I agree. FFA is stupid. If you want to make it fair, make all the stadiums same size and every team can only spend a maximum of 50m a season (for example). That is what would make it competitive 

La Liga: "Neymar is being taken by a financially-doped team that competes with an advantage. State-backed clubs need to be stopped." Yeah like that time Madrid sold part of their training ground to the government to clear their debt and fund the Galactico project? 

The whole transfer is ridiculous, but fair play to PSG.

Neymar will dominate that league 40 goals?

like others mentioned this transfer has cheered me up. **** Barcelona a horrible club and I am sure when they are signing his replacement they wont be bringing every player or Xavi out to say he should join Barcelona

Football is so seedy. In my short two year stint working with footballers and those behind the scenes I met the most shady people ever. I lost count the amount of people who tried to sell me 3rd party ownership investment funds to my clients. Remember one had Wanchope as the face of it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

£40m wages a year is just bonkers... then you compare to top F1 drivers, top Tennis Players, top Golfers and top US sports stars and it's probably not that obscene at all.

And Conor McGregor who'll probably just need to take 1 decent box to the snot in a few weeks time and get £100m for it :)  So yeah, when you put it like that, football fans are as precious as the players they give out about.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

£40m wages a year is just bonkers... then you compare to top F1 drivers, top Tennis Players, top Golfers and top US sports stars and it's probably not that obscene at all.

When Djokovic had that all conquering season in 2015 he earned $20 million which was a record in tennis but Neymar earns over double that without having to win anything. 

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

When Djokovic had that all conquering season in 2015 he earned $20 million which was a record in tennis but Neymar earns over double that without having to win anything. 

Then Alonso is getting £40m a season to plod around the midfield in a McLaren Honda.

I don't follow golf but I guess Mcilroy is getting similar money to turn up too, and he doesn't even have to run around for his millions!