Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

Neymar has told Barcelona team-mates Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez he will stay at the club after the pair persuaded him not to join Paris St-Germain in a world record £200m deal.

54 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Everton back in for Sigurdsson for £45m. Everton properly going for it this summer. Fair play with their ambition. 

Surprised links to strikers has died down for them. Are they really going to play Rooney as number 9 and think he can score at the rate Lukaku was? I think that's a bit optimistic, Rooney will get between 10-15 if he stays fit at the very best.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised links to strikers has died down for them. Are they really going to play Rooney as number 9 and think he can score at the rate Lukaku was? I think that's a bit optimistic, Rooney will get between 10-15 if he stays fit at the very best.

They have signed another striker this summer.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Sandro is o.k but might not settle, Spanish strikers have been very hit and miss in prem down the years, Negredo, Reyes, Soldado, Morientes, Joselu all scored plenty in Spain but couldn't in prem.

Agreed. Just pointing out they aren't just depending on Rooney, the above is quite right but with the chap formerly at Leicester and Koeman picking targets I suspect he will be okay.

Besides, plenty of window left but not that many good strikers available.

Not convinced Ramirez will cut it in the Premier League. Nice place to play Malaga not a lot of pressure on him. Rooney hasn't the legs to play up front now so they really have to sign a proven striker else they will go backwards imo. 

they've signed that young kid who was top scorer in belgium last year too, him that arsenal were linked with but they've loaned him to anderlecht

left back day today

liverpool signed robertson from hull

kolarov to roma

manquillo to newcastle

de sciglio to juve

jetro willems to frankfurt

then youve got

bernadeschi to juve

szczesny to juve

jorge mere to koln

zouma to stoke

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the great English talent Wilshere linked with Antalyaspor 

Is that the Turkish club that have signed up Adebayor and Clichy?

I said last summer Wilshere was silly to turn down Milan and apparently Roma in favour of just sticking to his comfort zone at Bournemouth. He wasn't even that great there as Paul says. Think Seria A where it's slower paced and he could get on the ball more would've suited him.

• Like 1

The Hernandez to WHU deal has gone through, am I the only person who thinks that at £16m its ridiculously cheap in the current market? 29 year old, Mexico's record goal scorer, experience of the premier league, Real Madird on his CV too.... 

When you think people like Kyle Walker nudging £50m and Swansea rejecting £40m for  Gylfi Sigurdsson...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

The Hernandez to WHU deal has gone through, am I the only person who thinks that at £16m its ridiculously cheap in the current market? 29 year old, Mexico's record goal scorer, experience of the premier league, Real Madird on his CV too.... 

When you think people like Kyle Walker nudging £50m and Swansea rejecting £40m for  Gylfi Sigurdsson...

No, it seems like an excellent deal to me too.