Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

coutinho isnt a replacement for neymar, they'll go for dybala or dembele, if they buy coutinho for £90m or whatever the figure is it'll be another case of shit barcelona transfer dealings, barca are in a mess, madrid should go on a bit of a roll for the next couple of years

and of course neymar isnt worth that much, its a case of PSG peacocking to the established european clubs, i saw something in the paper from some uni professor of middle eastern studies claiming it was the qataris peacocking to the entire region and neymars incredibly greedy team

same as the pogba deal they will recoup a load of it through his marketability though

Be interesting what Barca actually do with their rebuilding from the Neymar fee.....

They can't just sign a Coutinho or Dybala and that's enough. Their defence and especially central midfield was very poor last season. Barca over last few years have been the very definition of a patched up team bailed out time and again by their genius front three. Compare their midfield for a start to what Real Madrid have.

They can't keep signing mugs like Andre Gomes, Vermalaen, Arda etc, players in their late 20s who've seen better days. Iniesta is already declining and Messi also will in next few years.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone else think Neymar is really overrated? No chance he is worth that. Barca should go for Griezmann as replacement 

I used to think that but in fairness he's really stepped up for club and especially country last 18 months, become a massive leader for Brazil.

Think his legacy from now on will be more about winning the world cup in 2018 as doubt Messi will make it to 2022 as he'll be 35 then so that's his last chance while Neymar has at least two more.

Move is nothing but pure greed from Neymar, and his Dad no doubt. 

PSG, a team with no history spending an obscene amount of Qatari money on a player they don't need. Welcome to football in 2017.

On the flip side, nice to see Barcelona get bullied. 

47 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon a return for Alexis Sanchez would be the best bit of business to replace Neymar.  I always thought Dani Alves was harder to replace than anyone bar Messi and Iniesta, as great as Neymar is.

With 200 mil they could sign 2 or 3 players to replace him.  Neymar was the one that turned the champions league tie around against PSG. 

Edited by PaulC

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

With 200 mil they could sign 2 or 3 players to replace him.  Neymar was the one that turned the champions league tie around against PSG. 

Think that's the problem in a nutshell, a better core would mean they wouldn't need a genius performance Neymar to win 6-1 in a second leg.  If they could get Verratti and someone like Sanchez or Hazard or whoever for the same money they'll do well out of it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I reckon a return for Alexis Sanchez would be the best bit of business to replace Neymar.  I always thought Dani Alves was harder to replace than anyone bar Messi and Iniesta, as great as Neymar is.

Good shout, they definitely should 

probably Barcelona will have is that everyone knows they have 200m to spend so people would add a extra 20m or so the price 

They really need to cap how much  a player can be worth. 200m is absolutely ridiculous. How the how are PSG abiding by FFP? its a complete mockery 

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They really need to cap how much  a player can be worth. 200m is absolutely ridiculous. How the how are PSG abiding by FFP? its a complete mockery 

The Pope was saying the same thing when Lentini went to AC milan for £13m. It's just a market like any other, prices rise based on the increasing revenue of the clubs.

As for FFP well those rules have been watered down some time ago and they never made sense in the first place. They were just brought in to try to maintain the monopoly for big clubs. It's hilarious to see Barcelona complaining about Qatari money given their sponsor and the money they got for helping Qatar land the world cup. The sense of entitlement of "big clubs" is laughable. Why shouldn't another club in another country get to have some superstars rather than them being effectively being bought by the Spanish government for Real Madrid. I hope PSG win the CL. It would be nice to see someone different winning it. 

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

The butthurt is strong with those ones.  Like they've any real say in it, other than what amounts to posturing.  Laughable pr*cks.  This has been the most enjoyable transfer in a long time.

Buyout clauses are paid to the league, not the club, so they do have a say in this transfer.

And, also, they're completely right IMO.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Well I think they're completely wrong and I'm loving the way they're trying desperately to cling to him with no real hope of winning.

It'll be interesting to see what their argument is.  He has a buyout clause in his contract.  He is buying himself out of it.  La Liga have decided not to honour a part of his contract because they're butthurt over a big team coming in to steal players when normally it's their big teams stealing others.  It's all too wonderful really.  The apex predator has just been eaten, and its death throes are a joy to behold.

I don't think La Liga have any say over what PSG can/can't do and the transfer will go through, but they're at least making the point that a £198m transfer fee is, frankly, ridiculous and there's no way that PSG can "legally" fund it.

There are rumours that the Qatari state will pay Neymar £200m so he can, himself, buy out his contract and move to PSG.  The implication would be that PSG essentially get Neymar for free.  It's bonkers and have a **** dodgy Arab state dictate transfer fees in football (to the benefit of one club... at the moment) is dangerous.

So, sure, La Liga are crying and there's nothing they can really do (their own rules **** them over, which is pretty amusing!).  But it's an important point to be made IMO.

Although I'm sure there's a large swathe of people who cannot wait for European football to be entirely run and dictated by Russia/China/Qatar/UAE - because we all just love wealthy owners.

Just now, bobzy said:

I don't think La Liga have any say over what PSG can/can't do and the transfer will go through, but they're at least making the point that a £198m transfer fee is, frankly, ridiculous and there's no way that PSG can "legally" fund it.

There are rumours that the Qatari state will pay Neymar £200m so he can, himself, buy out his contract and move to PSG.  The implication would be that PSG essentially get Neymar for free.  It's bonkers and have a **** dodgy Arab state dictate transfer fees in football (to the benefit of one club... at the moment) is dangerous.

So, sure, La Liga are crying and there's nothing they can really do (their own rules **** them over, which is pretty amusing!).  But it's an important point to be made IMO.

I believe the Qatari scenario to be true.  PSG get him for £0m because he paid himself out of his contract with money acquired from someone else (Qatari) for something else (being an ambassador for their World Cup).  So in FFP terms, PSG are only liable for his wages, spread over 5 years.

It's a massive hilarious **** you to both the Spanish clubs, La Liga and to FFP as a whole, because it puts a massive loophole in it, in the shape of an unlocked front door.  It's all beautiful.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I believe the Qatari scenario to be true.  PSG get him for £0m because he paid himself out of his contract with money acquired from someone else (Qatari) for something else (being an ambassador for their World Cup).  So in FFP terms, PSG are only liable for his wages, spread over 5 years.

It's a massive hilarious **** you to both the Spanish clubs, La Liga and to FFP as a whole, because it puts a massive loophole in it, in the shape of an unlocked front door.  It's all beautiful.

I'm amazed anyone would describe the situation as "beautiful".  In a modern footballing world that is already corrupt as ****, we're basically seeing more corruption - once again benefiting the most wealthy.  "Yay".