Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't the retort to this, 'stop buying from the Premier League then'?

£18m is £2m more than West Ham paid for Hernandez, and I know who I would back to score more this season. 

Spot on

this premier league ready stuff is utter **** nonsense, best league in the world don't you know so let's buy a bloke who knows what it's about rather than a better footballer from abroad who might have to settle in the amazing world of English football

theyve stopped trying

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't the retort to this, 'stop buying from the Premier League then'?

£18m is £2m more than West Ham paid for Hernandez, and I know who I would back to score more this season. 

Absolutely, but you're reducing the risk of players needing to settle etc. 

Hernandez is about to turn 30 and was in the last year of his contract at Leverkusen by the way. Not quite the same scenario, although I agree with the point r.e: goals. Overall, he'll be a more expensive signing than Gray. 

12 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I would guess it was Barca or his agent that suggested he act like this. 

Hopefully the moral crusaders of La Liga will try block this transfer as also ruins integrity of football

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

This Dembele to Barca situation is getting a bit childish. Dembele doesn't show up for training, unfollows BvB on twitter, and numerous teammates. Honestly I'd be put off by his actions if I was Barca.

LOL how pathetic.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Absolutely, but you're reducing the risk of players needing to settle etc. 

Hernandez is about to turn 30 and was in the last year of his contract at Leverkusen by the way. Not quite the same scenario, although I agree with the point r.e: goals. Overall, he'll be a more expensive signing than Gray. 

Gray is also in the last year of his contract  and only 3/4 years younger. Entering his prime means nothing if that prime isn't very good.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hopefully the moral crusaders of La Liga will try block this transfer as also ruins integrity of football

Well and you know that Barca are 'mes que un club' so they should be able to do what they want.

With all this nonsens with the big clubs that pretty much just sickens me. From a plain football perspective Dembele is way above Coutinho in ability. Coutinho is not really at the top in Europe IMO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Gray is also in the last year of his contract  and only 3/4 years younger. Entering his prime means nothing if that prime isn't very good.

I don't know where people are drawing this "not very good" from. He's basically a 1-in-2 striker in his career and 1-in-3 last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

With all this nonsens with the big clubs that pretty much just sickens me. From a plain football perspective Dembele is way above Coutinho in ability. Coutinho is not really at the top in Europe IMO.

Is this serious or....?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't know where people are drawing this "not very good" from. He's basically a 1-in-2 striker in his career and 1-in-3 last season.

When I say not very good, I mean not 18M in the last year of his contract good. Maybe I'm still adjusting to the crazy new fees in football, but I think that's ridiculous. 

• Like 2

the original figures banded about for dembele were circa £70m, that IMO represents a far better deal than coutinho for £120m

but if we're saying they're both worth the same amount? not so sure, i do think dembele will end up being a better player and he's a better fit for barca currently, he'll slot straight in to that team

i do also agree that coutinho is not a world class / top player

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the original figures banded about for dembele were circa £70m, that IMO represents a far better deal than coutinho for £120m

but if we're saying they're both worth the same amount? not so sure, i do think dembele will end up being a better player and he's a better fit for barca currently, he'll slot straight in to that team

i do also agree that coutinho is not a world class / top player

Dembele is 20 and on the back of one season with a big club - £70m!  Same with Mbappe.  Crazy.  And also just first team Barca/Real/PSG straight off?  Unreal.

Coutinho is surely the better player right now, btw?

yeah he is right now but for £120m you should be buying a player for the next 10 years and i think dembele will end up better and i think he'll slot in straight away, not 100% sure how valverde will set them up but dembele goes straight in to a front 3, coutinho i agree with whoever said is an iniesta replacement, the problem being iniesta has a couple of years in him still, they need a world class midfielder but he's not the answer (the answer IMO is verratti, the understated part of the neymar deal is who PSG told barca to **** off over him)

8 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Yes very much. I suspect you haven't seen much of Dembele.

Absolutely correct - I also find it hard to believe that, at 20, he is "way above Coutinho in ability".  I have no doubt he's a talent, that's presumably why he signed for Dortmund and Barcelona are sniffing around.  But "way above Coutinho in ability"?  Hmmmm.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Absolutely correct - I also find it hard to believe that, at 20, he is "way above Coutinho in ability".  I have no doubt he's a talent, that's presumably why he signed for Dortmund and Barcelona are sniffing around.  But "way above Coutinho in ability"?  Hmmmm.

I don't rate Coutinho very high. Especially not if we are talking top class of Europe. Dembele is already better with a way higher potential.

• Like 1