Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

admittedly from FM... messi is on about £450k a week i think, if neymar is on the reported £500k a week after tax deal, depending on which country he gets taxed in (france is something like 63% tax for top earners) then yeah double sounds about right

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

£18m for Andre Gray, didn't score goals last year, last year of contract, couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Good deal Watford.

Just heard a stat on the radio he played 32 prem games and failed to score in 26 of them.

Mental fee.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2017 at 11:46, rodders0223 said:

£18m for Andre Gray, didn't score goals last year, last year of contract, couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Good deal Watford.

Good news for Brentford though. Tidy little 27% sell-on clause.

Edited by choffer

Gray can look fairly decent at times but I'm really struggling to understand the basis of that transfer fee, £18m for a 26 year old who scored only 9 league goals last season seems utterly ridiculous. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I don't find the fee THAT ridiculous to be honest. He's a striker coming into his prime, with a season of Premier League football under his belt.

I doubt £18m gets you much from the Premier League anymore.  

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I don't find the fee THAT ridiculous to be honest. He's a striker coming into his prime, with a season of Premier League football under his belt.

What does coming into his prime mean? I think it's only valid if they show they are good to start with.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If thats the criteria then Gestede should have  been valued at same price 

34 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You'd have a point if he was good last season but he wasn't. He basically had a one in four record, no real justification for fee as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You'd have a point if he was good last season but he wasn't. He basically had a one in four record, no real justification for fee as far as I'm concerned. 

1 in 4 for a defensive, newly promoted team is pretty decent - and I'm fairly sure he missed a chunk of the season too (could be wrong).

He scored at a better rate than Troy Deeney - who they obviously currently have - suits their style of play and is a good mix of experience with a good number of years left.

I just don't find his fee that ridiculous at all. I'd rather have Gray than a fair few PL strikers who would cost/have been rumoured to cost much more than £18m. 

Brighton just signed a good little player from Club Brugge for 16m, I think with this new guy and knockaert running at defenders they could be a handful, not sure about their strike force tho, Murrays probably too old now.

This Dembele to Barca situation is getting a bit childish. Dembele doesn't show up for training, unfollows BvB on twitter, and numerous teammates. Honestly I'd be put off by his actions if I was Barca.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Isn't the retort to this, 'stop buying from the Premier League then'?

£18m is £2m more than West Ham paid for Hernandez, and I know who I would back to score more this season. 

• Like 2