Other Transfers and Rumours Summer 2017

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If they sign a good striker they will walk the league. 

Costa, Jota and Neves are top half in the Prem standard and they've a top manager for this level too in Nuno. Very hard to totally change a footballing culture though. Lambert-ball to Portuguese flair is about as much of a 180 degree turn as you can get.

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Arnautović is vastly overpriced and I don't think he's that good. 

He's a 1 in 5 player. One game every month he looks amazing and one of the best wide players in the league and then you don't see him for a few weeks. Shaqiri is exactly the same. Nice profit for Stoke though, they signed him for 3m.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Straggler said:

It's mental isn't it? Nice to see ffp slamming the breaks on footballs excess.

I'd love to see Benzema in the Premier League, I wonder if they'll let him to to offset some of this fee?

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If they sign a good striker they will walk the league. 

It's not that easy is it. These players and manager have to get used to England. They will be very inconsistent, some weeks thrashing teams others getting beaten

On 7/24/2017 at 23:14, VillaChris said:

Is that the Turkish club that have signed up Adebayor and Clichy?

I said last summer Wilshere was silly to turn down Milan and apparently Roma in favour of just sticking to his comfort zone at Bournemouth. He wasn't even that great there as Paul says. Think Seria A where it's slower paced and he could get on the ball more would've suited him.

just saw no Jean Makoun plays for them.....legend

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

mikel merino going to newcastle, could be a good deal

also a story about 21 year old pablo fornals paying the £11m release clause in his contract himself and joining villarreal, madness if true

Yeah I saw that as a headline but no details to the story, how on earth could he afford it unless a third party paid it.

paid it and then got a £12m signing on bonus...or more likely managed to find a bank or like you say 3rd party who were willing to loan him the money based on future earnings

i think spain have 5/6 really exciting prospects for central midfield, he's probably bottom of that list, needed a step up and might get a big prem money move one day

56 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

West Ham getting £7m for a kid they got from Man Utd last summer for free, he played two games. Nice business that.

He played a lot more than 2 games, but agree with the overall sentiment here.  English football is crazy right now.

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He played a lot more than 2 games, but agree with the overall sentiment here.  English football is crazy right now.

Sorry, me being hard of reading you are right. He made 16 appearances but only 2 starts.

5 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

West Ham getting £7m for a kid they got from Man Utd last summer for free, he played two games. Nice business that.

Almost as good as getting a tax payer funded stadium.

Crooks.

didn't realise this was trent. Must be the third topic in a row i've quoted him. Stalker rating +1 point. 

Edited by DK82

3 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It says on whoscored fletcher played a total of 354 minutes last season, or if you prefer, nearly 4 full matches combined.

Fair - @TrentVilla was closer!

(Although that doesn't include his full game, goal scoring appearance in the League Cup.  So nearly 5 full matches.)

• Like 2

It's gotten farcical hasn't it?

I know the whole 'football's going to implode, the bubble will burst' rhetoric has done the rounds for years but it's truly reaching epic proportions now.

It has to reach some form of tipping point, my hope is that the TV money gets pulled out from under it, the likes of City, Chelsea and United would practically be declared bankrupt overnight.