Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

51 minutes ago, Jareth said:

it'll take time but the pressure will tell. 

Sberbank is the key,  that goes,  it all goes as far as I can understand the sanctions.  Carries 30% of their GDP and is intertwined with the Russian Government.

1 in 3 Russians get their salary paid into this bank also as a gauge to its usage.  They have / had a European subsidiary but this only carries 3% of the worth of the bank.  This failed I think as the outflow was too big to payout on or something like. 

• Like 1

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I would absolutely love it if WWIII were started by an irresponsible VillaTalk poster

It nearly did in the Bentancur thread. 

• Like 2

The Ukraine military cannot win this battle.  But they can make the occupation untenable and win the war. 

The fall of Kyiv will be the end of a chapter.  The next chapter will be sanctions plus continuing resistance making it in Russia's interest to withdraw and instal a puppet government.  

If/when Russia break into Kyiv, they get into the presidential building and there stands Zelensky. What do they do? 

Kill him? That would clearly spark a reaction from Europe, the West and NATO wouldn’t it?

Detain him? That would be extremely messy too.

Maybe this unwinnable situation partially explains why Russia are slow to take the capital? When do they do when they finally get inside the city walls.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If/when Russia break into Kyiv, they get into the presidential building and there stands Zelensky. What do they do? 

Kill him? That would clearly speak a reaction from Europe, the West and NATO wouldn’t it?

Detain him? That would be extremely messy too.

Maybe this unwinnable situation partially explains why Russia are slow to take the capital? When do they do when they finally get inside the city walls.

He will just disappear never to be heard of again.  They'll claim he ran. 

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I would absolutely love it if WWIII were started by an irresponsible VillaTalk poster

Irresponsible you say? Fortunately that will be most unlikely and I'd hope others wouldn't love it either.

Such an odd thing to say.

• Haha 1

Â