• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

The awkwardness is off the scale

It really is, how totally embarrassing. It's like adults allowing a toddler to dribble around them to score. 

BBC

The owner of Facebook and Instagram will allow users in some countries to call for violence against Vladimir Putin and Russian soldiers. 

Meta says it has temporarily made allowances for some violent speech, like "death to the Russian invaders," that would usually break its rules. 

However, it says it won't permit calls for violence against Russian civilians.

In response, Russia called on the US to stop the social media giant's "extremist activities".

The announcement came after Reuters news agency said it had seen internal emails outlining the policy shift.

"In light of the ongoing invasion of Ukraine, we made a temporary exception for those affected by the war, to express violent sentiments toward invading armed forces," a Meta spokesperson told the BBC.

sky had an article referring to a Russian Super tanker currently near the Isle of Wight and making its way into the UK

it linked to the Greenpeace Maritime tracker  (Flight radar for boats)   , quite staggering to see just how much sea traffic there is on a given day  , and how many Russian tankers are currently still delivering to Europe 

(mods - can't quote some text due to nature of webpage) 

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

That fence is absolutely imperative, I can sense it.

The fencing isnt for stopping the tanks.

That indicates where to put all the tanks the farmers collect. Any tank behind that fence has become property of the Ukrainian Young Farmers Association and will be used as raffle prizes.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

Won't the tank just drive around it?  

I think that’s the point of them, yes.

You rarely see them laid out in a line, don’t they usually stagger them so any vehicle has to zig zag up the road being potentially slower and more vulnerable?

Caveat: My urban warfare experience is fairly limited.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I think that’s the point of them, yes.

You rarely see them laid out in a line, don’t they usually stagger them so any vehicle has to zig zag up the road being potentially slower and more vulnerable?

Caveat: My urban warfare experience is fairly limited.

It’s called a Czech hedgehog, some interesting stuff online about the origins and theory

Key point seems to be that no matter how you roll it around, it’s always an effective trap, so if a big explosion moves it, it’s still an obstacle for tanks 

(I’m talking about the big spiky metal thing obviously, not the red fence, which is known as a Slovakian beaver)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was a post on Birmingham Live fb page earlier asking if people would be taking in any Ukrainian families fleeing the war, 100% were saying no. Mainly with the justification that they couldn’t afford their bills as it is. 

• Like 1

Â