• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'll wager they've never considered it as an option

I bet they have. I’m certain they have. But the hurdles and consequences are strong. Firstly you’ve got to actually get to him and he’s absolutely paranoid about his safety. Secondly you’ve got to be extremely confident of success and lastly their interest does not lie in a leaderless nuclear state with various competing psychos and warlords all vying for control of that nuclear arsenal, in a corrupt environment.  But they’ll have formative plans. 

For once I've got to give it to Macron. Sending troops to create safe zones in the big cities is a valid approach. That might actually force the Russians to not shoot at them due to fear of escalation. I don't see how else you're going to save civilian lives except for arming Ukraine to the teeth with every anti-air asset we have available and strangling China's supply to Russia.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'll wager they've never considered it as an option

Yeah, I’m just curious whether they could have pressed the button and done it if they wanted in theory (obviously the fall out would be mega)

Posted (edited)

Rumoured that another TU22 shot down by Ukraine today. Likely with S-200. Hopefully the one that sent that cluster warhead at civilians in Odessa.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

It’s crazy to think that Ukraine taking out 100 Russian soldiers in a single strike is not really that shocking. 

100 of Russia’s men killed and… it’s just another day.

57 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

The people of Russia should be taking a look at whats going on in Tbilisi

Unbelievable that the leading political party of Georgia can think that Russia did nothing wrong invading their country.

'The billionaire founder of Georgian Dream, Bidzina Ivanishvili, claimed this week that a Western "global war" party was using the country as part of its confrontation with Russia. He said Georgia had been set against Russia in 2008, when Russian forces invaded the country'.

Hopefully the people can remove this Russian shill, like they did in Ukraine 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Is that a legitimate translation?

Would be great to see the Russians rise up against the Putin Fascist regime

Pretty crazy to be telling new soldiers that the army is so shit that they WILL die. 

Millions of people in Russia have blood on their hands

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Is that a legitimate translation?

Would be great to see the Russians rise up against the Putin Fascist regime

Yeah, they tried that and look what happened to the leader. 

Posted (edited)

250 reported cases of Russia using weapons banned by the chemical weapons convention by the UN just this last month.

A reminder, they're a veto holder on the security council of the UN.

Edited by magnkarl

Seriously, if Russia can't be kicked out of the UN then every nation needs to resign en mass and form a new organisation called The Unified Nations. And make sure to include a clause that 95% of nations can vote to chuck out a member or something 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Seriously, if Russia can't be kicked out of the UN then every nation needs to resign en mass and form a new organisation called The Unified Nations. And make sure to include a clause that 95% of nations can vote to chuck out a member or something 

It’s a bit like the presidential immunity Trump wants if a single country can be a veto holder in the UN security council.

59 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The UN is just way for countries politicians to pretend they are doing something or to deflect difficult questions. That's it's only purpose. 

Russia, North Korea, Iran should all be removed from the UN, Olympics and any other organisation of any note and made international pariah states. 

Of course that won't happen, but it should.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think you might be surprised at how many countries stick with Russia

• Like 1

You would end up with Russia, China India etc setting up their own UN and making their own decisions without bothering to consider the West’s rival UN. 

Better to have them in the tent, even if they are being awful at this particular point in history. 

• Like 1

Â