Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bit in bold, is one of the things I was alluding to.

Look, this might be selfish of me, but if Egypt for example, got into a conflict with a historical/political rival , and Nassef was somehow mates with the President or whoever ordered the invasion/war ( but by all accounts, had nothing to do with said invasion, and could even privately be against it, but couldn't publicly speak out, whether that be due to loyalty, or being in fear of his and his families lives if he did ) I wouldn't necessarily want Aston Villa to suffer for it.

I wouldn't want Villa to suffer but I would want him out straight away. We've seen what happens. There is even talk of Chelsea going into administration. However, as far as I know he isn't invloved in anything of the sort, thankfully. These profiles usually pop up before takeover. After that it's "who is the next 50 mill transfer target?" as witnessed with Newcastle.

Anyway to try and stay on topic - Fvck Putin!

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

Evil is a word that gets chucked around too much, but sometimes it’s entirely accurate and reveals itself through word and deed. ISIS was an evil organisation, and the Russian government is undoubtedly another.

Imagine being the person who gets paid to create narratives like this, it’s the negation of human decency, the opposite of ‘good’.  

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Awol said:

Evil is a word that gets chucked around too much, but sometimes it’s entirely accurate and reveals itself through word and deed. ISIS was an evil organisation, and the Russian government is undoubtedly another.

Imagine being the person who gets paid to create narratives like this, it’s the negation of human decency, the opposite of ‘good’.  

Don’t worry, the useful idiots will be back soon to explain that we were naïve to jump to conclusions that she might be a victim of an atrocity and not a disaster actress or that other countries do the same thing so we’re hypocrites to feel concern now. 

Edit: Has their tweet been deleted now?

Edited by LondonLax

Yes, let’s not call a spade a spade because Bush and Cameron were dickheads. The whataboutery in this thread today has been amazing. It’s almost like some people are infected by the Russian Troll virus.

33 minutes ago, Awol said:

What was it?  Seems the tweet is no longer there.

43 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What was it?  Seems the tweet is no longer there.

An official Russian embassy account was making the claim that one of the injured  pregnant women photographed coming out of the wreckage of the maternity hospital was actually a crisis actor. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Those Turkish drones are doing some serious damage

I really don't think these videos should be shown publicly, especially when they are all cheering. They won't be cheering if Putin decides to N bomb them.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I really don't think these videos should be shown publicly, especially when they are all cheering. They won't be cheering if Putin decides to N bomb them.

It's probably to keep morale up for the Ukranian's fighting against Russia.  But yes, the Russian's will also be seeing these videos and reacting accordingly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Most of the Ukraine resistance hinges on the fact that Russian forces are not the scary apocalyptic doom machine they are painted as. These videos, and Zelensky's videos where he is still in Kyiv, they are not for us in the west. Or at least they are only in partly for us. They are showing that the Russians are fallible, beatable. They are for the Ukraine Troops and citizens. It's why their resistance has been so formidable. 

I'd think twice before denouncing it as gloating, or of exultation.   

Also there is also the chance it’s NATO forces operating drone strikes so these videos make a nice back story. 

13 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Most of the Ukraine resistance hinges on the fact that Russian forces are not the scary apocalyptic doom machine they are painted as. These videos, and Zelensky's videos where he is still in Kyiv, they are not for us in the west. Or at least they are only in partly for us. They are showing that the Russians are fallible, beatable. They are for the Ukraine Troops and citizens. It's why their resistance has been so formidable. 

I'd think twice before denouncing it as gloating, or of exultation.   

I can understand with the street fighting, but this is people in a secret building controlling a drone killing Russians, it's classifield stuff in reality. There's too much already coming out, including the militaries next moves, which is why US bottled giving the aircraft to Ukraine, now it's come out that the patriots are coming. 

43 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

You don't sanction someone with that wealth and power unless you're certain it couldn't be contested.

and yet the experts on the internet were publicly attacking the government for not doing so  , meanwhile the government were taking advice to ensure their case couldn't be contested 

government lawyers knew more than twitter ..who'd have thunked it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I can understand with the street fighting, but this is people in a secret building controlling a drone killing Russians, it's classifield stuff in reality. There's too much already coming out, including the militaries next moves, which is why US bottled giving the aircraft to Ukraine, now it's come out that the patriots are coming. 

The first thing I thought when I saw the videos from the drone control headquarters is that someone is keen to show it’s just Ukrainians controlling these drones. 

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

So Russia will decide the fate of Ukraine because as Lavrov says, "Ukraine is ours". Mmm...I think Ukrainians have something to say about that.   

"We were told Ukraine is ours"

Hmmmm.... I can't believe anybody would be daft enough to say anything like that to Russia, I mean, you'd have to be really stupid and have absolutely zero idea what you were talking about, and I can't believe anybody could get into a position of power where they could say something like that without having a good understanding of world affairs and which territory is owned by Russia in that region, and, oh wait, hang on...

Edited by Lichfield Dean

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

and yet the experts on the internet were publicly attacking the government for not doing so  , meanwhile the government were taking advice to ensure their case couldn't be contested 

government lawyers knew more than twitter ..who'd have thunked it 

Quite astonishing figures from new US polling of Ukrainians, I can only assume they didn’t know what they were voting for 😉

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The first thing I thought when I saw the videos from the drone control headquarters is that someone is keen to show it’s just Ukrainians controlling these drones. 

If you read about the Soviet & Chinese involvement in Vietnam it was very similar. Gave loads of direct military assistance to the North Vietnamese, but was always portrayed as training / weapons / etc support.

Â