Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

19 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

and yet the experts on the internet were publicly attacking the government for not doing so  , meanwhile the government were taking advice to ensure their case couldn't be contested 

government lawyers knew more than twitter ..who'd have thunked it 

I may be wrong about this, but there was a Russia report done several years or so ago. Since it was issued, the Gov't basically did nothing, while saying they were going to put an end to Russian influence and so on. Even as recently as last week they were saying "in the next parliamentary session we might bring forward legislation..." I think on monday they were shamed/forced into doing it now, by Labour, so  law was introduced within a day, allowing the seizing of assets etc.

Something the government fought against actually doing for years has finally been done.

• Like 4

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

“That's a nice civil aviation industry you have there, Europe. Be a shame if something were to… “happen” to it. 

Stop helping Ukraine while we try to destroy it or we’ll launch terrorist attacks against you.

Russia, 2022.

• Shocked 1

28 minutes ago, Awol said:

Quite astonishing figures from new US polling of Ukrainians, I can only assume they didn’t know what they were voting for 😉

Why in Gods name is that horny pile of laundry and this country so popular? 

6 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Because he's good at telling people he has done things, and only later does it transpire that he hasn't at all.

They'll find out in a few weeks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Awol said:

“That's a nice civil aviation industry you have there, Europe. Be a shame if something were to… “happen” to it. 

Stop helping Ukraine while we try to destroy it or we’ll launch terrorist attacks against you.

Russia, 2022.

Is it wrong that I would definitely DHUTWU

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Awol said:

Russia, 2022.

It doesn’t get much more blatant than that. If our passenger jets start dropping from the skies in flames, then the full force of NATO will know where to come looking. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

Because while the rest of Europe was preening on TV (Macron) and blocking NATO as an organisation from giving weapons to Ukraine (Germany), the UK set about ensuring they had a chance to survive. I don’t credit Johnson with doing that (step forward the security apparatus, the MoD and the Armed Forces) but I do credit him with allowing it. 

It was a huge and potentially risky call, and Ukrainians know what a difference it’s made to their chances. In the fullness of time we’ll all hear just what a difference. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Because while the rest of Europe was preening on TV (Macron) and blocking NATO as an organisation from giving weapons to Ukraine (Germany), the UK set about ensuring they had a chance to survive. I don’t credit Johnson with doing that (step forward the security apparatus, the MoD and the Armed Forces) but I do credit him with allowing it. 

It was a huge and potentially risky call, and Ukrainians know what a difference it’s made to their chances. In the fullness of time we’ll all hear just what a difference. 

Indeed .. flight radar from 17th to 19th Jan is rather interesting considering it transpires we haven’t “done anything at all “

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Awol said:

Russia, 2022.

There is a video on youtube explaining the avaition situation in Russia currently and the potential for nationalizing the commercial industry. It did highlight that a large number of aircraft(500+) were leased from western companies and that non return of these aircraft would long term affect any renewed business. I think that number was nearly a third of the aircraft iirc.    

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Awol said:

Russia, 2022.

They have form aswell, so I wouldn't say it's just a threat. I think I'll hold off my holiday abroad until this calms down.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They have form aswell, so I wouldn't say it's just a threat. I think I'll hold off my holiday abroad until this calms down.

I'm meant to be going to Istanbul in June :(

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Quite astonishing figures from new US polling of Ukrainians, I can only assume they didn’t know what they were voting for 😉

It’s like Boris before Brexit and being elected as PM, full of big promises. I just hope the Ukrainian people aren’t expecting him to actually DO anything useful.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Which is exactly what NOT to do. 

17 minutes ago, choffer said:

Look at that cold, hard stare. It tells you one thing. You’d be receiving, not her ;)

Step forward Stefan Postama. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

UK to Turkey flightpath wouldn't go over Russian airspace

Aye, I know that.  I'm more concerned about them grounding flights due to "operating challenges" or the like. 

Edited by trekka

Â