Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I've seen the scum linked with Loftus-Cheek today, wouldn't mind him on loan. I'm sure both he and Chelsea would rather he came to Villa. 

Lets face it, he's not going to learn how to handle playing in front of a big, expectant crowd in a nice stadium playing for our pathetic neighbours. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BOF said:

Jedinak only ever started one game in central defence.  At Wigan on the 18th of March.  Yes he moved back into defence in the previous game against Sheffield Wednesday and looked very assured, prompting the start against Wigan, but I think we're over-stating what the team achieved with him in defence when we call it a 'run' of any description.  It was 1.5 games.

Our good run mainly had him as defensive midfielder.

Hmmmm....my memory clearly evades me! I could've sworn he played quite a few matches back there. :) 

That point aside, I still think he has the attributes necessary to play in the back and I think it'd go a long way towards preserving his overall fitness levels throughout the course of a season. At the end of the day, I think he is a player whom we desperately need on the pitch, whether it be as a midfielder or defender. 

10 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That name should be in the footballers you've forgotten about thread! 

Hasn't done much since moving to arsenal.... What a waste.

Was universally hated when on loan at OUFC arrogance issues !!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Was universally hated when on loan at OUFC arrogance issues !!!

Another one given too much too soon and believed his own hype.

Such a shame, he'd probably have broken into our first team by now. 

On 5/9/2017 at 14:35, Junxs said:

He's a right winger who sometimes plays right back. I think Bruce will definitely buy a right winger to give Adomah competition. Really hope its not going to be Elmohamady :(

Elmohammady is a right wing back so I think you'll be okay. I can't see us being in the market for one. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LockStockVilla said:

Hmmmm....my memory clearly evades me! I could've sworn he played quite a few matches back there. :) 

That point aside, I still think he has the attributes necessary to play in the back and I think it'd go a long way towards preserving his overall fitness levels throughout the course of a season. At the end of the day, I think he is a player whom we desperately need on the pitch, whether it be as a midfielder or defender. 

How deep he was sitting just fooled you into thinking he was in defense. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Barnsley sent him back on loan early aswell I think.

Samir Carruthers is doing o.k though, will be playing us next season for Sheffield United.

I liked Samir.  Very talented lad.  I always knew he'd forge a decent career for himself so I'm not surprised at all to see him in the Championship.  If anything, the most surprising thing for me is that he only scored 1 goal in 37 appearances this season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who's good in the Arsenal youth/reserve team? Bruce has a record of raiding them for loan players

Jeff Reine-Adelaide.

Would be an incredible loan signing.

Edited by Michael118

39 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

What about Burnley's midfielder Ashley Westwood? He seems to be a good passer.

brick-lol.gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barnsley sent him back on loan early aswell I think.

Samir Carruthers is doing o.k though, will be playing us next season for Sheffield United.

Didn't Paul Heckingbottom say at the time he was on loan there that he was the best 18 year old he'd ever seen?