Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

13 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Why? I can understand not putting them in the same team but why can't we have both in the squad?

For what it's worth I'm not massively keen on signing Barry. He's decent but there must be better out there for the wages that he'd probably cost. 

The £100k per week in wages or £5.2mill per season. If you paired them together they would get ripped apart due to their slowness. Age catches up with everyone eventually. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

The £100k per week in wages or £5.2mill per season. If you paired them together they would get ripped apart due to their slowness. Age catches up with everyone eventually. 

Oh, I kind of agree with you financially although I have no idea how much either would be on. 

As I said, I wouldn't put them in the same team but being able to rest both and share out the minutes would be good from a squad perspective.

But again as I mentioned above, I'm convinced there's better value out there and as good as Jedinak has been there's better value than him also. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think it's unlikely that Barry would expect £100k to play here, very likely IMO that he takes a substantial pay cut.

I meant combined wages between them of £100k. I'd love Barry to come back and then ship Jedinak back to Palace. Just can't see space for both in the squad given their ages and the amount of wages they would both take up. 

I see we have vaguely been linked again with Kevin Stewart from Pool in the Brum Mail. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-liverpool-transfer-rumour-13015894

Aston Villa have been named as one of a number of clubs who could be potential takers for young midfielder Kevin Stewart.

Stewart appears set to leave Liverpool this summer, according to reports, though his contract at Anfield runs until 2021 - a deal he signed only last November.

Don't know too much about him other than we have previously been linked. Him & Barry to replace Gardner & Jedinak?! 

Add Watkins on a free from Barnsley and/or Johnson from Oxford to the flanks, plus the kids from Blackpool & Ipswich we've been linked with gives us a mix of options to supplement Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah, Green & Thor.

I can see us signing 4 to compete for the 1st IX with another 3-4 for the future like Bedeau. 

Edited by thabucks

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see we have vaguely been linked again with Kevin Stewart from Pool in the Brum Mail. 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-liverpool-transfer-rumour-13015894

Don't know too much about him other than we have previously been linked. Him & Barry to replace Gardner & Jedinak?! 

Add Watkins on a free from Barnsley and/or Johnson from Oxford to the flanks, plus the kids from Blackpool & Ipswich we've been linked with gives us a mix of options to supplement Lansbury, Hourihane, Adomah, Green & Thor.

I can see us signing 4 to compete for the 1st IX with another 3-4 for the future like Bedeau. 

Why are we "replacing" Jedinak, out of interest?

Surely you must mean either relegate to bench or rotated?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Who are these we've been linked to?

Scott Dann's easily the best name on this thread who I think would massively improve us and is reasonably realistic to sign,

He's that sort of warrior type we need. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's played all that much in Big Sam's 4 months in charge so probably a defender he dosen't rate for whatever reason and they're signing Sakho permanently in the summer so it could be possible. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Scott Dann's easily the best name on this thread who I think would massively improve us and is reasonably realistic to sign,

He's that sort of warrior type we need. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's played all that much in Big Sam's 4 months in charge so probably a defender he dosen't rate for whatever reason and they're signing Sakho permanently in the summer so it could be possible. 

I'd take him but I don't know if he'd drop down to The Championship 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's hard to say but Chester and Jedinak did.

I think Chester thought we'd come straight back up.

I also think Scott Dann would have PL suitors.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I think Chester thought we'd come straight back up.

I also think Scott Dann would have PL suitors.

Also hes worked with Bruce before 

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why are we "replacing" Jedinak, out of interest?

Surely you must mean either relegate to bench or rotated?

I'm with you on that, but only because I think it would be nigh on impossible to bring someone in who was so good that we wouldn't miss Jedi at all.  But imagine if we did ! Imagine someone so good that our reaction was "Mile who?".  I suppose that should be the goal of any transfer really.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think Jedinak will play much more in defence next season. More logical for most of the home games we'll be playing.

I thought we played Kodja and then everyone else in defence, anyway.

• Like 3