Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Elmo, Adomah and now Snodgrass?

Strange signing, but at least we'll have options at RW.

If memory serves correctly he can play centrally and on the left (although he apparently doesn't like playing on the left). TBF I'd back him to have much more of an impact on the right than Elmo and Adomah. At this level he should be very good.

• Like 3

To put to bed all the questions. Transfermarkt says he's played 134 games RW contributing 28 goals and 27 assists, 20 games LW contributing 5 goals and 2 assists,  14 games AM contributing 3 goals and 3 assists and finally 7 games as a secondary striker contributing 1 goal and 3 assists,

So RW is clearly his main role. Even so I'd be amazed if he wasn't being brought to play as a 10 while Jack is out or being another option at LW. 

Said before I think he could be a very important pick up for us.

Still...might not be him. Probably buying Cissokho back as LB cover.

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If memory serves correctly he can play centrally and on the left (although he apparently doesn't like playing on the left). TBF I'd back him to have much more of an impact on the right than Elmo and Adomah. At this level he should be very good.

Hope this doesn't mean that Hourihane will be pushed further down the field or benched again.

• Like 3

If it is Snodgrass, I think we're buying him because he's available + a known quantity, rather than looking for the right person for the position we really need.

Not saying that's the wrong approach, we may have exhausted all transfer options we had at left wing and therefore we've moved to someone who will still add quality.  Dissappointing that we're probably going to have to play square pegs in round holes at some point though.

Edited by GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS
Forgot to confirm which player I was refering to
  • Like 2

Imagine this team:

Johnstone

Elmo      Chester          Terry         Taylor

Jedi

Snodgrass Lansbury Hourihane Kodjia

Hogan

Steer, Bree, Whelan, Onomah, Green, Adomah, Davis

• Like 1

Yes I think that's it he ticks a lot of boxes for Bruce in terms of character, talent, experience. Also presumably he played in same Hull side as Elmohamady so I guess Bruce has an idea of how it can work. 

By the by I guess he played with McCormack for a couple of years at Leeds. 

46 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

So if it is Snodgrass it means:

We have 1 left back and 1 left winger.

and 4 right backs and now 3 right wingers.

Love a balanced squad, don't you!? :unsure:

To be honest, a decent winger should be able to play either flank, all it really means is cutting back and crossing from the edge of the box (a la Ashley Young) instead of gumping it to the byline to cross.