Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 01:46, thabucks said:

How many championship players have made an England tournament squad ??? There's your answer in regards to our chances of signing Hart. 

Though I guess we will technically be a Prem team when the WC kicks off ;):) 

seriously the only way we could have to sign Hart if he is still stuck at Citeh 7pm transfer deadline day and his only option is us or being left out of Citehs squad for the season. 

so you're saying there's a chance???

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

in the last 20 years how many serie A players have made the england squad?

1 - joe hart

;) 

Pretty sure paul ince was at inter in 1997 and played for england that year so not quite but i get your point

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nigel said:

Is he the snickers?

No...Id have to pay the other 70 quid for the mars.

Who is the crunchy?

Stop calling it a snickers, everyone knows the league season is a Marathon not a snickers. 

Off topic (not even pun intended), I entered a Marathon once, still picking the peanuts out my pubes. :trollface:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Gazza was probably in the england squad when at Lazio?

I was going to post the same but he did specify last twenty years and he was only at Lazio until 1995, which is over twenty years ago now.

/pedant.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Eastie said:

The whole point being with johnstone the reported asking price is £2.5m so why would anyone want to pay £4m . 

You pay what you think he is worth and in his case £2.5m is a fair valuation .

We need to be wise on fees as we have pissed millions away in paying over the odds for players who have not delivered.

The post of mine you quoted said "negotiate the lowest possible price"

If he's available for £2.5mil I'd expect us to try and pay less, not offer more.

Not sure what point you're trying to make? The point I was making was that, whether it's Johnstone or Messi, every player at every club has a price and I expect the club to get players for the lowest price they can. I don't care what that price is, as long as the club have brought in the players that Bruce wants and helped him build his own squad. That way there can be no excuses and no blame attached to the board if this season goes belly up 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

I was going to post the same but he did specify last twenty years and he was only at Lazio until 1995, which is over twenty years ago now.

/pedant.

Ah, must learn to read at some point.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eastie said:

Pity as it would have been a boost to get a keeper in early ;)

I can see it being a Marathon:(

Oops already been done.

Edited by TRO

If we take too long a timeout and we don't get a keeper in early enough in the summer so he can fuse with the defence, they could all end up going into the season be twix and between in terms of integrating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Was David Beckham still playing for England during his Milan stint?

Yes. 

He got recalled and would have been in the WC squad until he did his Achilles on loan at Milan from LA. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

If we take too long a timeout and we don't get a keeper in early enough in the summer so he can fuse with the defence, they could all end up going into the season be twix and between in terms of integrating.

Yes we need  to get a keeper soon - Bunn is too flakey for me even though he may chomp at the bit to get his chance.

He even makes Malta goalkeeper Andrew Hogg look good in comparison even though the Malteser is pretty shit.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Yes we need  to get a keeper soon - Bunn is too flakey for me even though he may chomp at the bit to get his chance.

He even makes Malta goalkeeper Andrew Hogg look good in comparison even though the Malteser is pretty shit.

That would be a treat and it wouldn't melt in his hand.:)