Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

Does anyone else think Aiden McGeady should be right at the top of any transfer list of targets we have? He was brilliant last season for Preston and shouldn't be in the Championship but is apparently considering a permanent return. Considering they pay the least wages in the league and we pay (by far and away) the most, money shouldn't be an issue and obviously he's not unobtainable.

One of the players of the season in a position we need to strengthen and available, be mad not to be top target surely?!  

No mate.hes awful, kind of player that Michael118 would suggest .

Some Posters on twitter are begging weimann to come back and asking  dr tony to make it happen.

i don't get why people want old players back part from Barry and Albrighton maybe specially ones as shit as weimann 

• Like 2

Never rated McGeady much but he was actually very good for PNE last season.

On a permanent deal though with a fixed contract and in his 30s now....well we've been down that road a few times in the last few years haven't we.

I wouldn't be against getting in someone like Gary Hooper in for the striker role. Surely with Wednesday having Rhodes, Winnall, Forresteri and Fletcher they'll let him go and he's done well at this level for other clubs so something like 5m would probably be enough.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

i haven't read the 70 pages...

so is there any strong links or rumours to specific players yet?

Not yet, but we've discussed Young, Delph, Milner, Benteke, Barry (at length), Curtis Davies even got a mention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

No mate.hes awful, kind of player that Michael118 would suggest .

I'm assuming you haven't watched him play?? Genuinely one of the best players in the league. Carried a good side O.o 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'm assuming you haven't watched him play?? Genuinely one of the best players in the league. Carried a good side O.o 

course i have seen him play inc last season. Really don'r rate the guy!! much better wingers around we could pick up.Preston would want around £5mil for him j just because it's Villa if was interested. When we could get likes of George Boyd on a free who is same age as McGeady :)

Josh Morris of Scunthorpe could be a good cheap pick up!! Can play left back and left midfield. Have watched this kid since he was at Blackburn as a youngster.

25 years old. 19 assists and 20 goals scored from left midfield last season. Couldn't see Scunthorpe turning down around £2mil for him.

Read that Cardiff are after Cheikh N'Doye a beast of a defensive mid for Angers on a bosman. He was linked with number premier league teams last summer and on a bosman i hope look at him. Would provide good competition with Jedi.

Also they want Charlie Adam from Stoke also on a bosman

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Some Posters on twitter are begging weimann to come back and asking  dr tony to make it happen.

i don't get why people want old players back part from Barry and Albrighton maybe specially ones as shit as weimann 

Young, Milner, Benteke, Delph?

15 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

It's a good job that 1. he's not going to listen to them and 2. that Dr. X has no input on which players we sign.

17 hours ago, skarroki said:

Does anyone else think Aiden McGeady should be right at the top of any transfer list of targets we have?

Not for me, no.  I just don't like him.  I think he's an over-rated show pony and I've probably seen more of him than anyone in here apart from the other ROI fans.  Even at this level I'd rather not have him.

• Like 4

Who do we think we can actually move on? I can't see anyone coming in for the players we would want to move on (richards, gabby, etc.)

Would like to see us go after Armstrong from Celtic. really tidy player and would be a great option for us. 

with injury and outcast returnees we could fill some requirements:

Out and out goalscorer - McCormack

Bit of pace on the wing - A Green

Cover at the back - De Laet

Rock in the midfield to cover Jedi - Thor

Tricky number ten to add creativity - Gil

I also think Gil could still have a role here... I know he would likely want to stay in Spain but I think he would be a class above most of this league. He looked pretty good in a dreadful side in the PL, I think he'd look better in a decent side in the Championship.

I was quite critical of Sanchez previously but I think he could also fill in for Jedi. He's a good player when he plays to his strengths; breaking up play, tackling and other defensive duties... I just think he can pass a max of 3 yards.

• Like 1