Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I dont think any scouts will be impressed by that match yesterday. 2 shots in 90 minutes, a McLeish wet dream

The good thing is that most pro's go and judge over a good number of games rather than 1 or 2.

The old Wrexham boss, Gary Mills was signing some players last season on the back of YouTube vids for some garbage. The new manager, Dean Keates was going to a game a night after training to scout players multiple times over for this summer. 

I've seen games where Aguero and Hazard have done absolutely nothing but you obviously still know their quality. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

Not sure about Angel, his stats look pretty poor apart from last season. Before last season he scored 7 goals in 50 appearances over 3 years, and for Zaragoza he scored 32 in 71 games over two seasons... that in itself isn't too bad I suppose, but hardly that impressive. 

There must be better options?

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not sure about Angel, his stats look pretty poor apart from last season. Before last season he scored 7 goals in 50 appearances over 3 years, and for Zaragoza he scored 32 in 71 games over two seasons... that in itself isn't too bad I suppose, but hardly that impressive. 

There must be better options?

Options are very limited for a Championship club with a small transfer budget.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Options are very limited for a Championship club with a small transfer budget.

True... but even on free transfers surely there are better options? Maybe I am being too picky, most of his appearances are in La Liga.

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd like to see us pick up John Swift from Reading, I know it's probably a bit ambitious but I've always admired him albeit from a distance 

Swift? We'd better get in quick if we want him... ;)

• Like 1

I was talking at work this morning about Will Hughes and how he would be my ideal summer signing and the guy ( who is a scout)  I was talking too said that Teddy Bishop from Ipswich is just as good as Hughes in his opinion and would offer better value and lower risk. He views were that he is just as creative but added with grit & determination and would cost between £2-4 mill tops compared to Hughes at £12-16 mill. 

A cavaet to the above is that he also said we should go for Sanogo (who has just been released by Le Arse) as a Heskey-esque different option, he reckons he would be a perfect foil for Hogan & Kodija. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I was talking at work this morning about Will Hughes and how he would be my ideal summer signing and the guy ( who is a scout)  I was talking too said that Teddy Bishop from Ipswich is just as good as Hughes in his opinion and would offer better value and lower risk. He views were that he is just as creative but added with grit & determination and would cost between £2-4 mill tops compared to Hughes at £12-16 mill. 

A cavaet to the above is that he also said we should go for Sanogo (who has just been released by Le Arse) as a Heskey-esque different option, he reckons he would be a perfect foil for Hogan & Kodija. 

That ties up with what the local media up here (nr Derby) say about Hughes. The local radio always say he is a bit lightweight and lacks grit. Not what we need in my opinion.

20 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd like to see us pick up John Swift from Reading, I know it's probably a bit ambitious but I've always admired him albeit from a distance 

Really? I saw a lot of him at Brentford and he was good but not that good.

46 minutes ago, lexicon said:

A scout that would recommend Sanogo???? Is he his agent as well? :D

His views were (sic) that he is never gunna be a prolific target man especially in a tippy-tippy type team like Le Arse but at a lower level more direct team he could thrive.  Like  Heskey was in his prime,  he is the type of player strikers love to play alongside, unselfish he creates space and holds the ball up well, is physical and could be an ideal foil for our current crop of strikers. Especially as Bruce's teams tend to play more direct football. His words not mine...

I can see his points and the fact he is on a free is an added bonus as we could bring him in for a season or two whilst developing Davies, RHM or McKirdy with only wages to cover. Sanogo, Kodija, Hogan, McCormack with the kids to supplement gives us ample options but more importantly goals. Yesterday I would of said no, today after talking to an expert I say sign him up. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, choffer said:

Really? I saw a lot of him at Brentford and he was good but not that good.

Good for Brentford would be fantastic for us

no wait

Hogan

Maybe we should start signing players who are shit for their clubs in the hope that they are great for us.