Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

4 hours ago, striker said:

Granted but would you not want a younger more skilful energetic player than Whelan as first choice with Jedinak as backup rather than having two players nearing retirement vying for the same position? Whelan would be an awful agricultural, prehistoric signing to add to the other signings of the same ilk Villa have made over the years. 

Of course mate, I just thought it was being insinuated that we didn't need another DM because we have Jedinak.

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

Oh how we could do with that. Someone to come in, do a job and do it well, week in, week out, EARN their wage, make the place their home. Someone the fans take to, their kids idolise for all the right reasons, in time possibly become captain and enforce said attitude on the ten who accompany onto the pitch and for the youth to absorb their professionalism, attitude and skill. To belong one day in the Villa hall of fame... 

Can but only dream of that type of signing. But you had me sold at the Mellberg and Laursen reference. We need another Mellberg, as many Mellbergs as possible. Mellberg, he gave a shit. We weren't the biggest club in the world and he could have left anytime sooner but he loved it here. He bought in to the club and the fans bought into him. A signing of that caliber would be incredible. 

Johansson isn't as vocal or a much a leader as Mellberg.

But he reads the game very well and will do 100% job for 46 league games if asked to.

Total professional, honestly feel he would be a perfect signing for us.

And one we could actually pull off.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2017 at 11:04, BOF said:

Not for me, no.  I just don't like him.  I think he's an over-rated show pony and I've probably seen more of him than anyone in here apart from the other ROI fans.  Even at this level I'd rather not have him.

I really dont rate him but in fairness to him he has probably come off his best season ever for Preston(I dont count anything done in Scotland)

I still wouldnt want him, he is extremely frustrating and headless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I really dont rate him but in fairness to him he has probably come off his best season ever for Preston(I dont count anything done in Scotland)

I still wouldnt want him, he is extremely frustrating and headless

Darryl Horgan is better but wages were too small for him and he was available on a free so the club decided not to go for him.

3 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd take him, he'd get goals in The Championship 

Would he really ? Never impressed me tbh with you- way too inconsistent and never looked to put a prolific run together - personally not one I would choose 

Frazier Campbell has had two decent seasons in his whole career. One of those was in the belgian second division and he hasn't had a good season for 10 years.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-9 at 16:17, thabucks said:

So if rumours are to be believed we are shipping out Tish, a young player with potential and replacing him with 33 yo past his prime Glen Whealen to rotate with 33 yo Jedinak and poss Gardner..... and some posters still don't get why some of us thoroughly dislike Bruce and want him gone ASAP. 

If Whealan is the answer what the duck is the question. 

The reason we are shipping out Tish is because he is lazy and shit. He couldn't even make matchday squads at Forest and they are crap. I'm not a fan of signing Glenn Whelan but even he is a massive upgrade on the myth that is Tshibola.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really a goalscorer Frazer Campbell. Runs around a lot accomplishing not much.

Yeah, we don't really have a need for Gabby mk2

36 minutes ago, KHV said:

Frazier Campbell has had two decent seasons in his whole career. One of those was in the belgian second division and he hasn't had a good season for 10 years.

You are forgetting that amazing season he had when Stuart Pearce picked him to play for England. Think he got about a mammoth 3 goals that year.

38 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Leigh Griffiths anyone...?

For perspective. Scott Sinclair scored more SPL goals last year than Leigh Griffiths. 

No thanks.