Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

13 hours ago, John said:

Gallagher would be the option that I would go for if we are up for spending £7m on another striker. He is big, wins balls in the air for fun and he scores goals as well. It is a pity that Chelsea have loaned Abraham to Newcastle but there must be other strikers that could do a job for us on loan at top six PL clubs and offer another option if Bruce doesn't fancy Sanogo or if he doesn't fancy B6.   

Wouldn't know about potential loanees from the PL, but Omar Bogle (Wigan) or Oli Watkins (Exeter) have both been talked about and seem to have the attributes for that kind of striking role.

Linked to Jackson Irvine from Burton Albion. Link to Birmingham Mail

Burton Albion midfielder Jackson Irvine is a target for Aston Villa , according to reports in Australia.

The attacking midfielder impressed for the Brewers as they sealed the unlikeliest of Championship survivals last season, scoring 10 goals in the process.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd take him, quality player

Cool, I don't know a lot about him to be honest. It's part of the curse of Championship football, I don't seem to know anything about the other teams or their players.

Looks like he had a good season last year stats wise, before that he's played a bit and scored a couple of goals a season... but I suppose he is 24 now, so back when he played for Ross County he would've only been 22/23. 

Irvine yes please. Would work quite nicely in a three with Hourihane and Lansbury. 

He's got a great engine and loves  to get into the box and score a goal. 

Interesting that Curtis Davies and Huddlestone have release clauses (750k and 2 million). 

Wonder who else from the relegated clubs we could snatch with a release clause. 

Curtis Davies has signed for Derby for 500K............. not a bad signing for them

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go for Huddlestone........

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We could have done a lot more than bring Curtis Davies back, matured as a player and a leader, but I imagine his salary is decent to be fair and we aren't shelling out those wages without shifting people on first.

I think he would have been a great addition. Can't imagine his salary would have been too much though, especially if he was willing to drop down a level. 

14 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Curtis Davies has signed for Derby for 500K............. not a bad signing for them

Wouldn't surprise me to see us go for Huddlestone........

Do you not think Villa have a younger version in Landsbury?

Davies would have been a cracking signing at Championship level and for not a lot of money too.

Edited by striker

39 minutes ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I think he would have been a great addition. Can't imagine his salary would have been too much though, especially if he was willing to drop down a level. 

I am just speculating based on the fact he was club captain ( I believe ) and for a while was a major part of their success, I imagine he would have been on a good salary. £35k +

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Interesting that Curtis Davies and Huddlestone have release clauses (750k and 2 million). 

Wonder who else from the relegated clubs we could snatch with a release clause. 

Well if the Hull forum is to be believed most of their squad is out of contract by the end of this year.