Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

5 hours ago, vreitti said:

Sure, they'd all be welcome. While we're at it, can we please also rewind to 2008.

That would be funny, if the statement in question wasn't "NOT SURE WHY PEOPLE WANT ANY OF THESE OLD PLAYERS BACK?".

No one said anything about them coming, the question was about why anyone would want any of our old players back.

Personally, Aiden McGeady would be a good signing......... always like him, and never really understood why everyone hates him........... one of the players who everytime I see him play he seems to play well and cause problems........

John Terry holidaying with Stevie Bruce and Alex Bruce !! Wonder if Stevie is plying him with cans of XXXX on the Golf Course and gonna dupe him into signing a pre-contract while pissed as a word removed !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boumasbabies said:

Thought we already sold Sanchez?

Someone said this the other day but I looked and couldn't see anything online, well that's my point made moot then! Lol :) talking out of my bottom as usual.

Did we get any money for him, or was it an end of contract job?

Edited by alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

John Terry holidaying with Stevie Bruce and Alex Bruce !! Wonder if Stevie is plying him with cans of XXXX on the Golf Course and gonna dupe him into signing a pre-contract while pissed as a word removed !

Now obviously I dislike John Terry as much as the next man (unless that man is Wayne Bridge) but I would take him in a heartbeat. Not ever gonna happen obviously.

Also remember him being very generous in his donations to one of the Petrov's charities a few years back. Still a word removed though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Now obviously I dislike John Terry as much as the next man (unless that man is Wayne Bridge) but I would take him in a heartbeat. Not ever gonna happen obviously.

Also remember him being very generous in his donations to one of the Petrov's charities a few years back. Still a word removed though

The man is undoubtedly a scum bag, however, he is a very good defender... I be well up for him here. No transfer fee... give him £6m just to sign, he would be promotion personified! 

Edited by alreadyexists

43 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

John Terry holidaying with Stevie Bruce and Alex Bruce !! Wonder if Stevie is plying him with cans of XXXX

He would get more joy if he offered him his wife. 

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

Personally, Aiden McGeady would be a good signing......... always like him, and never really understood why everyone hates him........... one of the players who everytime I see him play he seems to play well and cause problems........

McGeady is imo a one trick pony and vastly overrated.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Really? Glenn Whelan? Jesus Christ. 

I sincerely hope that is bollocks?? Whelan is exactly the type of signing Villa don't need with Jedinak already on the books.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Really? Glenn Whelan? Jesus Christ. 

Welcome to Bodymoor Heath, where careers come to die.

Bildresultat för retirement home

We pay you to stay here and relax!

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Not for me, no.  I just don't like him.  I think he's an over-rated show pony and I've probably seen more of him than anyone in here apart from the other ROI fans.  Even at this level I'd rather not have him.

You may have seen him but I will say that I saw him live on 10+ occasions last season as family support PNE and wished we had someone like him in our team. Should have seen him against Arsenal, doesn't shy away from big occasions. 

18 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

course i have seen him play inc last season. Really don'r rate the guy!! much better wingers around we could pick up.Preston would want around £5mil for him j just because it's Villa if was interested. When we could get likes of George Boyd on a free who is same age as McGeady :)

I understand what you're saying about George Boyd, he could be available on a free and I haven't seen him play so don't know whether he's better quality. 

However, as I already said, McGeady is likely to SIGN FOR Preston this summer and they have the smallest wage budget of the division (Including the likes of Barnsley and Burton). McGeady is still an Everton player and has been announced as available for £2.5 million. 

He got 8 goals and 9 assists in 34 games last season, not all starts. 

Anyway, I'm not going to convince either of you by throwing stats at the situation. Just expected a better reaction to a fantastic player being available for peanuts 

17 minutes ago, striker said:

I sincerely hope that is bollocks?? Whelan is exactly the type of signing Villa don't need with Jedinak already on the books.

Jedinak gets injured. Plays Australian internationals etc.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

So if rumours are to be believed we are shipping out Tish, a young player with potential and replacing him with 33 yo past his prime Glen Whealen to rotate with 33 yo Jedinak and poss Gardner..... and some posters still don't get why some of us thoroughly dislike Bruce and want him gone ASAP. 

If Whealan is the answer what the duck is the question. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3