Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I don't love to get Young and or Delph back as both would improve our team immensely but there's little to no chance. I'd like to think both would look at us remember their times here and think one year in the Championship with a Then chance to establish us back in the PL would be a small pay back for helping their career and at the same time become heroes here but I don't think many players are that bothered about status anymore. We need a left sided winger badly. Green can be great but he needs time without pressure to develop. We also need more energy in midfield. 

Id have took Curtis Davis for £1/2m and he plays left side and Bruce knows him inside out and we need another CB Bruce trusts. I hope we've lined up a few signings early on as we need a settled squad for preseason. 

5 hours ago, Bomvilla7 said:

I think he would have been a great addition. Can't imagine his salary would have been too much though, especially if he was willing to drop down a level. 

technically he isnt dropping down a level

10 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Wouldn't know about potential loanees from the PL, but Omar Bogle (Wigan) or Oli Watkins (Exeter) have both been talked about and seem to have the attributes for that kind of striking role.

Good shouts. I think we have three choices if we want to bring in another striker. We go for someone like Gallagher for around £7m or for someone like Bogle or Watkins for something less or we ditch the permanent deal to go for a loan. I guess it depends on how much we feel we need another striker and how much we are prepared to spend to get one in either permanently or for next season.   

3 hours ago, John said:

Good shouts. I think we have three choices if we want to bring in another striker. We go for someone like Gallagher for around £7m or for someone like Bogle or Watkins for something less or we ditch the permanent deal to go for a loan. I guess it depends on how much we feel we need another striker and how much we are prepared to spend to get one in either permanently or for next season.   

7m for a striker with a 1-in-5 scoring rate in the Championship (1-in-4 last season) would be complete madness. I'm not saying he'll never be a decent player, but someone who hasn't ever been picked for an average England U21 side should never cost 7m. A player with a similar status in any other country wouldn't cost 1m. If we are after a striker, I'd like to see us go for someone like Sergi Enrich. He's been excellent in La Liga, but will be paid a relative pittance by Eibar. Ligue 1 players like Steve Mounie and Benjamin Moukandjo have also had good campaigns and would be gettable imo.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I'd take him, quality player

Jackson Irvine - don't really know much about him in real life. In FM though, he's a decent Championship midfielder. Doesn't get into my PL squad though.

8 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

7m for a striker with a 1-in-5 scoring rate in the Championship (1-in-4 last season) would be complete madness. I'm not saying he'll never be a decent player, but someone who hasn't ever been picked for an average England U21 side should never cost 7m. A player with a similar status in any other country wouldn't cost 1m. If we are after a striker, I'd like to see us go for someone like Sergi Enrich. He's been excellent in La Liga, but will be paid a relative pittance by Eibar. Ligue 1 players like Steve Mounie and Benjamin Moukandjo have also had good campaigns and would be gettable imo.

I think Gallagher might well prove to be worth it from what I have seen of him. Well done on adding a fourth potential option for our sources for another striker. :thumb:   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

Just reading through this thread some posters are fixated on resigning ex Villa players or journey men looking for one last pay day before retirement.

Should be getting away from this type of thing and concentrating on players who are hungry to improve with no previous Villa baggage weighing down the club with extortionate wages and bad attitudes.

That being said I would have liked Davies back as his attitude is fine and wouldn't have cost the earth so I'm a little guilty of that too but no thanks to diver Young or Snake Delph for reasons stated above. 

giphy.gif

I suppose this is crazy talk really but (even far fetched) transfer speculation is quite fun.

How about a season long loan for Hart and agree a fee for if we somehow manage to get promoted?

It's very unlikely but his future is still up in the air and he went to play for Torino...

In reality, I don't think we have that kind of ambition (yet).

We should try and entice higher calibre players if possible, "sell" the project to them.

if we do get promoted, I would hope we would drastically strengthen the squad. Even promotion seems like a bit of a dream tbh but I'm hoping for the best (letting my heart rule over my mind for now)

Btw, no way do I want Young here, can't stand him and I kind of wish these links to past players would go away.

12 hours ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Given he's only 21, scored double figures for a relegated side and has the physical attributes he has, I can see why Southampton have slapped that kind of figure on him.  He might not be playing for England U21's but he's shown he may very well develop into a top talent.  Southampton could easy just loan him out again and see how he progresses, they don't need the money.

Whether we're right to spend that is another question and I agree we could probably find a similar yet cheaper player on the continent.  However, you do kind of have that reassurance that he knows the league and shouldn't have any problems settling in the area.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I suppose this is crazy talk really but (even far fetched) transfer speculation is quite fun.

How about a season long loan for Hart and agree a fee for if we somehow manage to get promoted?

It's very unlikely but his future is still up in the air and he went to play for Torino...

In reality, I don't think we have that kind of ambition (yet).

We should try and entice higher calibre players if possible, "sell" the project to them.

if we do get promoted, I would hope we would drastically strengthen the squad. Even promotion seems like a bit of a dream tbh but I'm hoping for the best (letting my heart rule over my mind for now)

Btw, no way do I want Young here, can't stand him and I kind of wish these links to past players would go away.

Yep.

Re- Hart, firstly, yes it's completely nucking futs :) (but hey it's a speculation thread so that's OK :thumb:)

Secondly, City don't want a loan because his contract is up next summer and they want to cash in now.

Thirdly he would see himself as being way way above us at the moment.

• Like 1

Yeah, I was just a having a bit of fun speculating & being lazy :D Part of me hopes we will be able to splash the cash and lure in some big names & talents if we go up.

The immediate priority is getting promoted and there is just no guarantee of that. I hope we make some sensible signings that can go straight into the side and significantly improve it.

• Like 2

Does anyone else think Aiden McGeady should be right at the top of any transfer list of targets we have? He was brilliant last season for Preston and shouldn't be in the Championship but is apparently considering a permanent return. Considering they pay the least wages in the league and we pay (by far and away) the most, money shouldn't be an issue and obviously he's not unobtainable.

One of the players of the season in a position we need to strengthen and available, be mad not to be top target surely?!  

• Like 1