17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

22 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Big difference? We’ve only lost to one of those teams in the league this year. To me there’s not much in them and Fulham aren’t that much better than us if at all either. All these games are about who turns up on the day who gets that bit of luck at a crucial time. I’m both dreading them and can’t wait either. 

Fulham  are definitely better than us, but not by much. They are the second best team in this division this year. 

Cardiff and the others - we can take any of them, but we have seen that Bruce has to send the team out with the right mindset to do that. Therein lies the problem.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Big difference? We’ve only lost to one of those teams in the league this year. To me there’s not much in them and Fulham aren’t that much better than us if at all either. All these games are about who turns up on the day who gets that bit of luck at a crucial time. I’m both dreading them and can’t wait either. 

I disagree i think derby are a lot weaker than boro and very fragile.

I agree we can beat anyone when we perform to our best without question and that includes Fulham. I mean we beat then at villa park and a stupid mistake from jonhstone gifted fulham the win (we didn't have adomah or grealish that game either)

So I don't fear fulham over one  leg.  I also feel a game vs fulham at Wembley will feel like a villa home game. Their fans are not the best in terms of havibg electric and vocal support.

The realisation that we're in a knock-out competition after tomorrow has just set in.

I knew we had cemented our place in the play-offs weeks ago, but the thought of actually fighting for our promotion in a series of knock-out games makes me nervous.

The thought that we may face Fulham in the Finals makes me nervous, I'm confident enough that the Semi-Finals will be alright, but after that this club has taught me that good things don't happen to Aston Villa.

They were discussing the playoffs on talksport yesterday - the annoying one alongside Darren gough, can't remember his name. They said they can't see past Boro going up, didn't give villa any hope, no reason why, just dismissed us completely. If prefer that though, media aren't interested in us so takes a bit of pressure off us

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

They were discussing the playoffs on talksport yesterday - the annoying one alongside Darren gough, can't remember his name. They said they can't see past Boro going up, didn't give villa any hope, no reason why, just dismissed us completely. If prefer that though, media aren't interested in us so takes a bit of pressure off us

Wow, so they can't see the likes of us, Fulham/Cardiff going up above Boro?

Have not being following Boro but have they turned into Barcelona recently?

18 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

2 days since the last post...have we all lost confidence in being promoted?

17 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

I was at a family barbecue. 

13 hours ago, Nigel said:

For 2 days?

12 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Not unheard of in the South of the USA tbf. 

How about in Yeovil, Somerset?

• Haha 2

It seems everyone’s afraid of Fulham atm, but it’s worth noting they haven’t won a playoff game in six attempts, (they came into them in form last year too) don’t think we should fear anyone!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JNortonAVFC said:

It seems everyone’s afraid of Fulham atm, but it’s worth noting they haven’t won a playoff game in six attempts, (they came into them in form last year too) don’t think we should fear anyone!

I fear every other team because we're Aston Villa, if we can find any way to **** this up we will. Deep down I am still somewhat hopeful, but as time goes on the nerves set in and those overpower any thoughts of hope I have. 

We got relegated two years ago when we scored only 17 points in the PL... thinking about it that way, I’ll be so thrilled if we go up this year! That’s still a very quick turnaround from being absolutely terrible to the 4th best team in this league with a chance at the PL.

Come on Villa! I’m getting excited already!

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We got relegated two years ago when we scored only 17 points in the PL... thinking about it that way, I’ll be so thrilled if we go up this year! That’s still a very quick turnaround from being absolutely terrible to the 4th best team in this league with a chance at the PL.

Come on Villa! I’m getting excited already!

True.

Without a new owner and millions and millions in investments we'd have been waiting for Sunderland in League 1

Just now, sne said:

True.

Without a new owner and millions and millions in investments we'd have been waiting for Sunderland in League 1

Thank god for the Dr, his wallet, and a bit of luck too. I do feel for those Sunderland fans as we know all to well that could’ve been us. They should come back up though as even the likes of Rotherham (no disrespect to them) are 4th in league one.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's talksport, it's deliberate 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The ironic thing for me is.....Pulis has similar tendencies as Steve Bruce, yet Boro gets lauded for it , we get criticised ( in some quarters)

19 hours ago, JNortonAVFC said:

We havnt won a play off game either!

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Looking at the prem, only the top 7 have won more than they've lost. I do wonder why i'm so desperate to get back there.  

Because we are living on borrowed time......The club needs to money.

The owner can not afford to fund mediocrity ( if thats the right word)

surprisingly I have quite enjoyed the Championship.....but this infrastructure of ours needs the Prem to keep the cogs oiled.

Edited by TRO

If Fulham end up in the playoffs (fairly likely) then they are the best side in it for sure.

After that I'd probably say yourselves, Derby then Boro

On 05/05/2018 at 10:17, Demitri_C said:

I disagree i think derby are a lot weaker than boro and very fragile.

I agree we can beat anyone when we perform to our best without question and that includes Fulham. I mean we beat then at villa park and a stupid mistake from jonhstone gifted fulham the win (we didn't have adomah or grealish that game either)

So I don't fear fulham over one  leg.  I also feel a game vs fulham at Wembley will feel like a villa home game. Their fans are not the best in terms of havibg electric and vocal support.

there’s not much between Derby and Boro. Boro maybe have more match winners but we have more than both. We always get done by fulham away so as you say if we meet at Wembley it’ll be like a home game.