17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Next 5/6/7 games depending on the team.   We really need to win the majority of those games because the hard run starts after the Norwich game. Cardiff have some tough away games. Fulham have a much easier run in then any of the teams above them. Preston and Norwich are their only really tricky games.  If we can manage to stay close to Wolves by beating them on Saturday then we would be in a good position come the Cardiff v Wolves game. One of them or both of them will drop points in that game. 

Wolves Cardiff Villa Fulham

Leeds (A)      
Villa (A) Blues (H) Wolves (H) PNE (A)
Reading (H) Brentford (A) QPR (H)  
Burton (H) Derby (A) Bolton (A) QPR (H)
Boro (A) Burton (H) Hull (A) Norwich (A)
Hull (H) Sheff Utd (A) Reading (H) Leeds (H)
Cardiff (A) Wolves (H) Norwich (A) Sheff Wed (A)

Wolves will probably beat leeds.. but we dont need Leeds to win.. a draw would be fantastic. If we beat Wolves and Leeds win we are 4 behind (still 2 games). If we beat Wolves and Leeds draw..5 points behind. Still 2 matches. Either way the pressure will be right on leeds to get a result. If they shit the bed tomorrow.... wow we will be smelling blood on the weekend. 

3 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Next 5/6/7 games depending on the team.   We really need to win the majority of those games because the hard run starts after the Norwich game. Cardiff have some tough away games. Fulham have a much easier run in then any of the teams above them. Preston and Norwich are their only really tricky games.  If we can manage to stay close to Wolves by beating them on Saturday then we would be in a good position come the Cardiff v Wolves game. One of them or both of them will drop points in that game. 

Wolves Cardiff Villa Fulham

Leeds (A)      
Villa (A) Blues (H) Wolves (H) PNE (A)
Reading (H) Brentford (A) QPR (H)  
Burton (H) Derby (A) Bolton (A) QPR (H)
Boro (A) Burton (H) Hull (A) Norwich (A)
Hull (H) Sheff Utd (A) Reading (H) Leeds (H)
Cardiff (A) Wolves (H) Norwich (A) Sheff Wed (A)

Looking at Wolves games if they dont win tonight and dont win saturday they do have some very tough games. Away to cardiff and Boro will not be easy at all. 

We are running out of games to be second. 

Still 4 points behind, and having only been in that second position for 1 fleeting moment all season!

We really need Cardiff to drop some points, and we need to go on a long winning streak if Cardiff don't drop a few unexpected points.

• Like 1

Interestingly (possibly...) for our last 7 games, Fulham and us are both home/away on the same match days.  Their away form is less stellar than their home form so I can see us gaining ground there.  This Saturday would be a major blow to them if we can improve on their result.

Whichever way I look at the upcoming games I get Cardiff, Fulham and us all between 89-91 points.  Toight as.

7 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Interestingly (possibly...) for our last 7 games, Fulham and us are both home/away on the same match days.  Their away form is less stellar than their home form so I can see us gaining ground there.  This Saturday would be a major blow to them if we can improve on their result.

Whichever way I look at the upcoming games I get Cardiff, Fulham and us all between 89-91 points.  Toight as.

Fulham have 29 points from away games, only us (30) and Wolves (34) have more this season. In the form table for away games they sit 4th.   It's not quite their ridiculous recent home form, but I don't think it can be dismissed either. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Fulham have 29 points from away games, only us (30) and Wolves (34) have more this season. In the form table for away games they sit 4th.   It's not quite their ridiculous recent home form, but I don't think it can be dismissed either. 

Last three months they have drawn at Bolton and Hull and somehow lost at Sunderland. If they are dropping points it's more likely to be away from the Cottage.

10 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I guess it depends how one wants to view things.

Since we are ahead of them in the League, beat them at our place, and are matching them recently, if Fulham are so good maybe we are good too ?

And if they are that good then losing at their place when without key players and our goalie gifting them a second ( and it’s already become a myth that they totally outplayed us) isnt so bad - in fact had we won it in those circumstances and every other result been the same what World beaters WE would’ve been.

I don’t fear Fulham or anyone else in the Play Offs... we can beat anyone in this League.

Its a brilliant time to watch us, we are right in the mix, Grealish, Snodders, Terry....great to watch.

First time for many years I can’t wait for the next game.

I see a confidence in our players ( not always matched by ability but we are a Championship side, not a Champions League side) that is priceless.

Other sides are doing well too, other fans will have their hopes and worries...I wouldn’t swap places with any of them.

Bring it on !

3126b380dfcadac52cfe8ae920217f45.gif

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I guess it depends how one wants to view things.

Since we are ahead of them in the League, beat them at our place, and are matching them recently, if Fulham are so good maybe we are good too ?

And if they are that good then losing at their place when without key players and our goalie gifting them a second ( and it’s already become a myth that they totally outplayed us) isnt so bad - in fact had we won it in those circumstances and every other result been the same what World beaters WE would’ve been.

I don’t fear Fulham or anyone else in the Play Offs... we can beat anyone in this League.

Its a brilliant time to watch us, we are right in the mix, Grealish, Snodders, Terry....great to watch.

First time for many years I can’t wait for the next game.

I see a confidence in our players ( not always matched by ability but we are a Championship side, not a Champions League side) that is priceless.

Other sides are doing well too, other fans will have their hopes and worries...I wouldn’t swap places with any of them.

Bring it on !

Really good post. Nice one.

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

League table since new years day. Wolves will move up to '6th' should they beat Leeds tonight, but I'm sure the form of Cardiff, Fulham and ourselves is starting to be of concern to them, they were supposed to be winning the title at about the same time as Manchester City not so long ago.   

8dIH4PM.jpg

10 or 11 games to go is still a significant portion of the season.

If this kind of form continues and we beat our rivals in the run in, it would be us and Fulham in automatic places.

Exciting times!

• Like 3

Let's be honest, the chances of catching wolves are very remote. The thought of us not getting in the top two is worrying. I wonder if this team has the mental strength to achieve promotion through the play - off's, I can see us conceding early in the first leg and just crumbling, perish the thought, it's imperative we keep this momentum and just hope Cardiff eventually drop enough points for us to capitalize. Fingers tightly Crossed.

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's be honest, the chances of catching wolves are very remote. The thought of us not getting in the top two is worrying. I wonder if this team has the mental strength to achieve promotion through the play - off's, I can see us conceding early in the first leg and just crumbling, perish the thought, it's imperative we keep this momentum and just hope Cardiff eventually drop enough points for us to capitalize. Fingers tightly Crossed.

Amazing how you can see us crumbling in the first leg, when you don't have any clue as to who we might be playing, that's some serious foresight right there

13 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I respect your opinion but don’t share a word of it !

• Like 2

Lets not wobble in the tickly bit!

Free hit on the weekend for me. If we can take anything out of the Wolves game it's a bonus in our quest for promotion. Would obviously be great to win and there's no reason we cant (have to keep Neves and Cavaleiro quiet though) but whatever Leeds do tonight against them it's all about us. The first Wolves game really knocked the stuffing out of us at the time, we had our tails up then too. But whatever the outcome we'll have QPR on the horizon pretty quickly and it's on with the job.

It's all in our own hands.

oh, and speech @terrytini, speech. :thumb:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Amazing how you can see us crumbling in the first leg, when you don't have any clue as to who we might be playing, that's some serious foresight right there

Now, now, let's not get all uptight . It's only an opinion.