17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

What’s the Bristol record since Lee Johnson reminded us of our respective positions in the league after our 5-0 win?

Not very good, but we've won at Deepdale something like once since 1362, we were never going to win tonight.

• Like 1

Good primer for the Wolves game that, at least for once we will field our best team in a top of the table game. Cardiff are a bit of bad luck away from dropping points but sadly SHA next for them, Fulham have a tricky game on Sat against Preston who are gunning for the play-offs. Saturday could be a very interesting day. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Flint sent off for sliding in to try and score from a cross :(

Laughable when it isn't you though.

Edit- apparently he hit a PNE player, in which case a deserved red. Radio commentary can be useless at times

Was a definite red, very stupid from flint

Wolves fans might want to not know this:

The three teams chasing second collectively have 43pts from the last 18 games and 71 pts from the last 30. That includes games against each other.

This chase is fierce.

• Like 2

The wolves match is a must win. If we lose, Wolves will likely finish first, and we will see Fulham overtake us, and Cardiff will be 7 points ahead. We can kiss 2nd place goodbye if we lose. Even a draw will do a lot of damage. 

• Like 3

Looking at what we have left I'd back us to get 20 + points no problem.

If we can get 88-90 points we're going to be very unlucky not to make second imo (obviously one of those wins needs to be against Cardiff to close the gap on them).

Think the maximum Fulham can get is 94 points. They surely won't keep winning right until May, that would be something like 19 wins out of 20!

Said before but given where we on Boxing day I'll take this, we are still very much in the mix regardless of the Wolves game which I think will be a draw.

• Like 1

I just did a predictor for ours, Cardiff's and Fulham's last games.

I got Cardiff finishing on 92 points, Fulham on 91 and us on 90.

The key fixture was us drawing with Cardiff. Win that and it puts us on 92 and Cardiff on 91. 

Those results also had us drawing the Wolves game. I know this is stating the obvious but we could really do with beating Wolves. Win that game and it does wonders for our automatic promotion chances. The three points. The players' confidence. The euphoria of beating top of the table in a local derby. The psychological damage it does to Wolves. 

I honestly think that Wolves will implode if we beat them Saturday and it will then open up another automatic promotion place to fight for. 

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

The wolves match is a must win. If we lose, Wolves will likely finish first, and we will see Fulham overtake us, and Cardiff will be 7 points ahead. We can kiss 2nd place goodbye if we lose. Even a draw will do a lot of damage. 

Hang on a minute.  Fulham are away to Preston which is a very hard game and Cardiff are at at home to ......oh 

yeah you're right. It's a must win. 

4 points from Wolves-QPR.

4 points from Bolton-Hull.

3 points v Reading

4 points from Norwich-Ipswich

6 points from Leeds-Cardiff.

4 points from Derby-Millwall

91 points. Would surely be enough for second. 7 wins from 11.

We need Bruce not to bottle it. He needs to have faith in our players and go after Wolves - getting them on the back foot from the first kick and get our crowd up for it and behind our players. Do that and we will see just what they are made of. If he picks a defensive team it will backfire and we might as well just give them the three points without kicking a ball. 

• Like 2