17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Anyone know when Cardiff are playing the Brentford game?

If it's next week you're looking at them having a run next 6 weeks of:

Brentford (A)

Derby (A)

Sheffield United (A)

Wolves (H)

Villa (A)

Norwich (A)

Lots of tough away games there. They are only beating bottom half teams by a single goal. They will surely drop points in a few of those games.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Brentford (A)

Derby (A)

Sheffield United (A)

Wolves (H)

Villa (A)

Norwich (A)

Lots of tough away games there. They are only beating bottom half teams by a single goal. They will surely drop points in a few of those games.

If they overcome those and are still second I think they will get promoted 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You going to be nice and beat Birmingham for the first time in 100 years for us?

Can I let you know on the day, about 105 minutes after kick off?

Edited by JamesBCFC
Spelling
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brentford (A)

Derby (A)

Sheffield United (A)

Wolves (H)

Villa (A)

Norwich (A)

This gives me encouragement. Defeats knock momentum and confidence. Lose a game and you ideally want an easier game to bounce back. For example like we did against Wolves season in season. 

With that run of games they could easily lose or draw against Brentford and then hit a bad patch. 

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

They have Sha on Saturday, then Brentford next Tuesday. 

Ok so they have a run of Brentford and Derby away, Burton at home, Sheffield United away, Wolves home and then us and Norwich away.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we're not above them by that Norwich game (we play Leeds on the Friday).

Then we have to see what Fulham are doing of course....

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This gives me encouragement. Defeats knock momentum and confidence. Lose a game and you ideally want an easier game to bounce back. For example like we did against Wolves season in season. 

With that run of games they could easily lose or draw against Brentford and then hit a bad patch. 

They do have Burton at home in that run but yes so many tough away games against teams chasing top 6. Can see a few draws and hopefully a defeat to us.

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Fulham are massively destroying this league. They seem to play better against the better sides and drop points against the poorer teams

Is that the Fulham team in 4th place, with the 3 teams above them also having 1 or 2 games in hand? Not really "massively destroying" in my book. They're doing well, but have to rely on others throwing away the automatic spots. 

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Brentford (A)

Derby (A)

Sheffield United (A)

Wolves (H)

Villa (A)

Norwich (A)

Imagine if we had that run of games. (Swapping us with Cardiff). We'd be f**ked.  We managed a massive 3 points from the equivalent fixtures.  With 2 to play. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

I think 90 or 91 points should be enough. If Fulham manage to reach this, then they deserve to go up. That would mean only dropping 4 points from now until the end of the season. If that happens it would be one of the greatest runs in the Championship ever I'd imagine.

For us, it simply means 2 ppg which was always our target and which we have always been on since our awful start. I think we have the best chance of the 3 teams fighting for second. And who knows, Wolves might get dragged into it too. I'm not sweating it at all. One of the most exciting seasons in a decade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nigel said:

If we beat Wolves it will be a real kick in the knackers to Fulham!

I agree. Playing out of your skins but making up no/little ground on the teams above is very demoralizing and pressurizing, as you know one slip up and the teams above will pull away again. Like us when we went on that unbeaten streak last season and made no dent on the playoffs.