17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Wolves are too good to drop enough points for us to catch imo. Just saw their last 4 games too. Pretty straight forward, would need a massive collapse in the other games just to catch up. We just need to concentrate on winning Saturday to keep up the pressure on getting 2nd. 

And that opinion is considered negative . They ain't giving up that top spot, regardless of Saturday's result .

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wolves are good, but actually watching them for the first time in full.

I've realised that alot of the opposition get slaughtered by them in this league because of piss poor individual errors/decision making which any decent quality player will punish.

To be honest we have a tendency to give the ball away cheaply when we are coasting.

We need to go into this game on the attack and with confidence and play how we can.

I can really see us giving them a game and knicking a win if we do.

Each time I have seen them they have settled because the opposition let them play, then gone ahead, then dropped the wing backs deep . Then they just counter at will.

It is absolutely vital this weekend we get at them from the start and give them no time. They are a tough team to play against at the best of times, but playing them when they are a goal up makes it much harder.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

First full half I've watched of Wolves. They don't look particularly special. 

Wolves looked a class apart when they battered us earlier this season. 

Edited by villa89
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Each time I have seen them they have settled because the opposition let them play, then gone ahead, then dropped the wing backs deep . Then they just counter at will.

It is absolutely vital this weekend we get at them from the start and give them no time. They are a tough team to play against at the best of times, but playing them when they are a goal up makes it much harder.

I really fear that Bruce will drop deep against them and try to contain them. I hope he learned from the last time he tried that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

That's not going to happen is it.

We all know it's going to be safety first with Whelan and Jedinak in the middle, resulting with us being 2 to 3 nil down at half time with no plan B.

Edited by AshVilla

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We all know it's going to be safety first with Whelan and Jedinak in the middle, resulting with us being 2 to 3 nil down at half time with no plan B.

I am worried Bruce might do this. But also hoping lessons have been learnt. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Wolves looked a class apart when they battered us earlier this season. 

True, but we were also shite.

That being said, you can definitely see the quality of some of their players, passing etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Whelan will be out injured for  several weeks according to Bruce last night 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I like, is how they spread the ball from wing to wing with quickness and precision.

One of my longtime gripes with us, is we tend to stay in the same corner/wing and totally ignore the other wing for ages.

We almost would rather ping pass in the same corner until we lose it, as a pose to spreading it to the next wing.

Which is too predictable.

This has been a criticism I've had for years, not even just recently.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

That's the spirit.  3rd in the league. 1 defeat in 10.  4 home defeats in the last  39 games. We are doomed. Doooomed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That's the spirit.  3rd in the league. 1 defeat in 10.  4 home defeats in the last  39 games. We are doomed. Doooomed.

Lets see where we finish shall we.

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

Whelan out is good news. Let's get Thor back - don't really see why he didn't get back in ahead anyway. 

In fairness to whelan he did play well last night until injury .

• Like 2