17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Just looking at our own fixtures in February along with the Sheff Utd game, what are people realistically hoping for?

Ok I’d love to see us stretch to a 10 game winning run, but I’m trying to be realistic :D

Sheff Utd (a)

Burton (h)

Small heath (h)

Fulham (a)

Preston (h)

Sheff wed (a)

Would people take 14 points if offered now? Think I’d be tempted.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Jibes at a section of the fan base.....that had a pop at him.

no one should give it out if you can't take it back.

I'm sure LeeJohnson or any other manager, would do the same.

Thing is. Managers should not stoop to that level. We have never shaken off the jibe by O'Leary, and we are no more fickle than any other club's fans.

20 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just looking at our own fixtures in February along with the Sheff Utd game, what are people realistically hoping for?

Ok I’d love to see us stretch to a 10 game winning run, but I’m trying to be realistic :D

Sheff Utd (a)

Burton (h)

Small heath (h)

Fulham (a)

Preston (h)

Sheff wed (a)

I think we can get maximum points from the first 3 games. The other 3 I'd be happy with 5-6 points. So yeah, 14 points.

Edited by Keyblade

16 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Sheff Utd (a)

Burton (h)

Small heath (h)

Fulham (a)

Preston (h)

Sheff wed (a)

I think I’d take 14, that would be excellent, 4 wins and two draws would be very good. 

I actually think we will:

Sheff Utd (a) W

Burton (h) W

Small heath (h) W

Fulham (a) D

Preston (h) D

Sheff wed (a) W

which would be 14 points (might be slightly bias) and would really help us close on 2nd. We’ve got a few of the harder fixtures out of the way, on paper at least, and now I think is our best chance to close the gap. 

34 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Sheff Utd (a)

Burton (h)

Small heath (h)

Fulham (a)

Preston (h)

Sheff wed (a)

I think we will get 13 so would certainly take 14 

Results didn't go our way but they aren't going to every single week. Keep winning games as we have been in the past few weeks to keep up the pace and then slowly close or increase the gaps when they do slip. Positives from the day being Baker is now suspended for Bristol City, and Wolves scraped the win in the last few minutes although they were the better team throughout.

37 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think I’d take 14, that would be excellent, 4 wins and two draws would be very good. 

Sheff Utd (a) W

Burton (h) W

Small heath (h) W

Fulham (a) D

Preston (h) D

Sheff wed (a) W

which would be 14 points (might be slightly bias) and would really help us close on 2nd. We’ve got a few of the harder fixtures out of the way, on paper at least, and now I think is our best chance to close the gap. 

I'd be delighted with that return.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bloody QPR losing 2-0 against ten men. Useless.

Barnsley also gping to lose it

Keith Stroud did absolutely everything he could to help QPR today.

Took a flying elbow before he decided to book one of their players. The bloke is an absolute clown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dick said:

Bruce ian’t keen on criticism, a lot of fans were calling for the style of football shown recently, and we are winning comfortably. Fans have every right to question the judgement of a manager, but Bruce has an issue with that - he has at all clubs he has been at, thinks he is untouchable.

Fans were proven right too.

Well....I'm not sure what you mean, when you say the fans are right.

i think if you are suggesting we are ok now, but haven't been, that could indicate the criticisms were premature and that it was always WIP.

How can you be sure, that this was not always the plan.

to get to playing desirable football, from where we have just come from, was a slow burn.imo.

He has changed many things to get here.....but no one knows how long these things take and how many adjustments have to be made.....its not always an exact science.

Yes, you are right,fans are entitled to criticise.....but equally the manager reserves the right to defend himself.....If he thinks the progress was going to plan, but the football was not there yet, why wouldn't he defend his work.

We are still signing players NOW, so the job is still incomplete.

Champagne football is not acheived over night, its a gradual improvement......if its ever meant to be acheived in every game.....i think its fanciful.

I think Steve Bruce would listen to criticism if its constructive and delivered in a respectful manner.....maybe he thought it wasn't on both counts hence his prickly response.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yes, I've just looked at the scores and heart sank a little. 

It's basically down to us to do the business and keep it in our own hands. 

The only team I'm concerned about atm is Derby.

All the teams around us who won today are either a point above us or still below us (Fulham).

For Fulham to get to 90 points this season they need to win 14 of their final 17 games. That will be beyond them.

Less points for second and that obviously helps us (and Derby).

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Sheff Utd (a)

Burton (h)

Small heath (h)

Fulham (a)

Preston (h)

Sheff wed (a)

I'd be happy with 10 personally. Draw at Sheffield, we should win two of the home games although danger is SHA or Burton will put them behind the ball and we'll struggle to break one of them down, Fulham could well be a loss way they're playing and and then 4 points from Preston and Sheffield.

Just stay in the mix and not peak in form too early.

March is when I expect us to seize the opportunity, we play QPR, Sunderland, Bolton and Hull in 4 of the 5 games.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Sheff Utd (a) W

Burton (h) W

Small heath (h) W

Fulham (a) D

Preston (h) D

Sheff wed (a) W

Out of the 18 points available to play for in these games, At this monent in time I feel there is no reason why we cannot take 16 points from these games with the Fulham game being a draw.

I think a minimum of 14 points would be just about acceptable, a maximum haul and that would just be perfect.

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it will go right down to the last few games for second place.

Can't see it going any other way either. That game against derby is going to be massive!

11 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have I stumbled on to Bristol City Talk again?

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Bloody Rovers.  I ate em I do. 

I like Bristols...the pair of em ;)

• Like 1