17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Darren Bent has gone to Burton on loan. Could see him at VP next wkend.

As far as these upcoming fixtures I just really hope we can keep everyone clear from injury. All it takes is for us to lose a key player and everything will seem against us again. Thank McGrath Hogan has finally hit some form but not convinced he wont decide to become brittle again, then we're back to relying on the midfield to score enough goals to get us to where we need to be. Hopefully another forward is incoming this week. Long way to go, just need to keep going one game at a time. Cant wait to see if we do it on Tuesday against hopefully a tired sheff yoo

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Got a bit of a soft spot for Bristol myself. IF it's not us that goes up I hope it's them tbh. If we grab 2nd I'd like them to win the playoffs.

JamesBCFC *likes* this.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Got a bit of a soft spot for Bristol myself. IF it's not us that goes up I hope it's them tbh. If we grab 2nd I'd like them to win the playoffs.

I don’t think they will even make the top 6 and hope they don’t to be honest - I’m sick of hearing about them now .

• Like 1

I like Bristol as a team, but Johnson just pisses me off. After we beat them he was so bitter, moaning about the Villa fans chanting and Bruce flicking the ball in the air when it came to him, and reeling off some rubbish about them being higher than us in the table. It was almost like he was making out that the fans of a team winning a match can’t celebrate it unless they’re above the team they’re beating. Bitter little clearing in the woods.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Five teams that will be between 2nd and 6th for me are derby, villa, Cardiff, Fulham, boro

Bristol City could end in that group too. A good team, have played twice vs wolves, us and Derby this season. I say Bristol in, and Cardiff out.

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’s a valid reason! I didn’t know he was arrogant, perhaps it’s a product of him being put up for the Villa job every time we have a slump. 

I think he has a very good career ahead of him. One to watch closely once we are in the top flight. 

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he has a very good career ahead of him. One to watch closely once we are in the top flight. 

Most good managers have an arrogant streak, but they have to be able to justify it of course.