17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

We should win our next 2 before we go to Fulham, then we have a couple of winnable ones again (Preston H and Sunderland A) before Wolves. It's going to be tight, but I think we probably have the more favourable fixtures in the next 2 months or so - this is our chance to lay a marker down and challenge someone to catch us. Tonight was one of the tougher games we had left, and we got through it...

The top 11 (Well, 2-11...) is SO tight though - if someone gets on a run like the one Fulham or ourselves are currently on then they won't be far off 2nd either. Wouldn't rule anyone out down as far as Boro for 2nd just yet...

Edited by StewieGriffin

F**k the play-offs, this team is going up automatically. At no point did I think Villa would concede tonight. Signing John Terry was a masterstroke because that defence looks impenetrable. 

Derby are bottlers. Richard Keogh is shite and will bottle it again. 

The challenge will be too much for Warnock to take and without him Cardiff will be a bag of shite! 

Bristol City will fade away, as will Sheffield United, Preston and Leeds. 'Boro are crap and won't do any good - maybe scrape the play-offs. Fulham are on a run but main man Cairney wants away so that might mess his head up for the run in. 

Villa are the real deal. I wasn't convinced but Bruce is making me eat my words. The turning point for me was the Forest away game where they told that stat about not losing a game we took the lead in since last February. 

Premier League here we come! :flag:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

When was the last time we had a back five that looked as solid as we had tonight?

Two wingers who can go either way past defenders and score goals. 

Finally, we've got our playmaker. Jack was earmarked for the role for a couple of years but finally the boy turned into a man and just goes past people like they're not there. 

We have a goalscorer that feeds on scraps but given chance he takes it. We have another to return who creates something out of nothing. 

We have defensive midfielders who fight for the ball. 

We have all the attributes to get out of this league this season. We all knew it and now it is showing to be true.

We've been burned so badly by this club over the past half a decade, but I think belief is finally starting to overcome doubt for me.

We've got a great squad of players I genuinely like for the first time since the MON era. We're getting results. UTV.

• Like 2

I'm still keeping calm, we've seen highs before and knowing the Villa we are just as likely to lose to Burton and then beat Wolves.  We are one of the favorites now for second place surely and we have momentum and quality but I more than sure we'll have some major slips and some major highs before the end of the season.  I just hope the total conclusion is that we are second in the league at the end.

• Like 1

I am just LOVING being a Villa fan at the moment. Yeah I know Aston Villa SHOULD be the big bad boy in The Championship but it has taken a while to shake the relegation hangover. It feels like Aston Villa is showing why its a big club again and saying "I'm back"

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Ground floor:
Perfumery, stationary, and leather goods, wigs and haberdashery, kitchenware and food. Going up...

First floor:
Telephones, gents ready made suits, shirts, suits, ties, hats, underwear, and shoes. Going up... :)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think it helps in interviews a lot of players are humble and have bought into the team spirit. None of the fancy dan attitude from some of the clearings in the woods in relegation season 

There’s nothing worse than being in a team full of guys who fancy your mate dan. Dan, with his muscly thighs and perfect hair :angry:

• Haha 1