17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:33, JamesBCFC said:

In some respects getting relegated 5 years ago was a blessing in disguise.

Completely changed our approach of things and started a lot of investment in behind the scenes stuff.

Obviously I dont know about Villa as much, but perhaps it may be the same for you with the changes in how you're run.

Since promotion we've had the relegation fights but stuck with the principles laid out and it seems to be paying off.

I feel with Villa the relegation was coming, but when you go up you'll be in a stronger position than your last couple of years before relegation.

You too are looking strong, overall.

Edited by TRO

I have grown to intensely dislike Bristol City with their wanky gifs and their billy big bollocks manager. I hope he falls down a well, sad little runt.  

Yet I love the city and it's people. So go figure. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

7 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have grown to intensely dislike Bristol City with their wanky gifs and their billy big bollocks manager. I hope he falls down a well, sad little runt.  

Agree with you on Johnson 

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Like him or loathe him, he is doing a great job on a shoe string.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Like him or loathe him, he is doing a great job on a shoe string.

Hardly a shoestring - he’s had cash to spend .

He spent £13m on 4 players in the summer which is more than most clubs in the division spent .

Edited by Eastie

13 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He spent £13m on 4 players in the summer which is more than most clubs in the division spent .

True, but that is not alot in todays game/market.

Where they are in the league and where they got in the cup as well is a good season so far.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, but that is not alot in todays game/market.

Where they are in the league and where they got in the cup as well is a good season so far.

They were similar last season and then went on a slide down the table that almost ended in relegation- so far so good but a long way to go yet .

they have some useful  players and flint would be a decent signing for someone .

Johnson has an arrogance about him similar to Holloway which  I don’t like but granted he’s doing a good job at the moment . 

12 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I think we'd have been far better off just going down in 2011/12 under McLeish. That shock might have forced some genuine change when we were still a half decent football club.

Instead we slowly got worse and worse as Lerner got away with running the club into the ground off the back of Christian Benteke and a strong dose of luck until the bottom finally fell out and we went down with 17 points and a -50 GD. It's been a much bigger job to rebuild such a broken club.

If that happened, we'd still have Lerner and might have slid further down the leagues as Sunderland look set to do. Those 4 seasons after that solidified that Lerner was really the problem which he thankfully realized and led him to sell up. It wasn't easy but it looks like we're turning the club around. 2 seasons doesn't seem that long considering how much of a shambles we were

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Home game against the Dingles and hull away chosen for sky coverage 

They really could not show the wolves game though that game could be massive. wolves have not lost a game on sky yet i believe? lets end that  

We have been, for the most part, very good on TV this year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Boo

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

His net spend for all his time here at the end of the summer transfer window was circa between 500k profit and about 1.2m spent.

Admittedly that's quite a range, but was using rumoured numbers on transfers that were undisclosed fees and amounts we weren't fully sure of from sell on fees for Adomah and Bolasie.

I don't see the arrogance in him personally, but do see self belief. I did see arrogance in Steve Cotterill when he was here however.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 4

Derby have Milwall on Tuesday and Cardiff have no game, their game in hand to be played next Tuesday against...

Milwall.

We could get into that top two if we beat Sheffield Utd and stay there with a bit of help from the nawty boys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Boo

His net spend for all his time here at the end of the summer transfer window was circa between 500k profit and about 1.2m spent.

Admittedly that's quite a range, but was using rumoured numbers on transfers that were undisclosed fees and amounts we weren't fully sure of from sell on fees for Adomah and Bolasie.

I don't see the arrogance in him personally, but do see self belief. I did see arrogance in Steve Cotterill when he was here however.

I think you have an owner who is in it for the long run too and  heavily involved in Bristol sport and a billionaire to boot - always a good sign .

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think you have an owner who is in it for the long run too and  heavily involved in Bristol sport and a billionaire to boot - always a good sign .

Yeah, Stephen Lansdown is a committed owner. A self made billionaire from Bristol, and as you say, heavily involved in Bristol sport (he actually has a group named Bristol Sport, which encompasses Bristol City's, Bristol City Women, Bristol Rugby, Bristol Flyers (Basketball) and a few others).

His first football match was actually watching Rovers, though he'd watch both teams. It was his son who supported City and so Steve became involved in the club, before eventually becoming majority shareholder.

He's made some mistakes, but learns from the mistakes made and has got the clubs best interests at heart- he has talked of trying to get the club as selfish sufficient as possible, but being in the Prmeier League is probably needed for that.

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Boo

We don't do net spends on this website. 

• Haha 1