New Manager : 2017

darrenm

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Like I said it really is pointless sacking him at this stage. It's better giving him until enD of season and of we are still this shit he has to go 

But I suspect he may be gone if he hasn't won in next 3

And if giving him until the end of the season ends in relegation that is acceptable to you?

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Glenn Hoddle, Eddie Howe or our very own David Platt with an elder statesman alongside him I'd be ok with any of these. Some might say Platt's ship has sailed but with the right man alongside him I think he could still cut the mustard.

David Platt and Glenn Hoddle? And people think Bruce is a dinosaur. 

As for Howe, why the hell would he come, when he is touted for bigger things.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

In the long term, a truly high quality manager would be most welcome but for now (if such an appointment isn't possible yet) a short term appointment would be worth a shot and I feel that there is a good chance that a few guys out there could do a much better job than Bruce has been doing. Someone like Rowett (who is available and well rated, seems a no nonsense type too) could give us the uplift and momentum we need to at least guarantee staying up - this rot needs halting because patience and sticking with Bruce is looking as though it will just result in relegation or a very low finish.

Such an appointment may work out well, someone with determination and a point to prove would be interested & welcome and would find it difficult to resist due to the lure of managing such a prestigious club. If they do really well then they we will deserve to continue and would be rewarded.

Things have gotten so bad now that a change absolutely has to be made, whether that's just someone who can get us a few results til the end of the season or a long term appointment.

We are in a state and can't allow it to get worse without at least trying to reverse this alarming decline...

• Like 2

What incentive is there these days, for managers such as Bruce, to do a good job? They sign a decent contract with a "desperate" club, cock up, get sacked. pick up the compo, then get offers from other desperate clubs and the cycle continues. They stress they must go through trying to fit gardening leave in.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

David Platt and Glenn Hoddle? And people think Bruce is a dinosaur. 

As for Howe, why the hell would he come, when he is touted for bigger things.

Howe will be managing a team playing us next season if he continues his current run 

I'm in the camp that says Bruce at least deserves until the end of the season.  We need some stability more than anything right now, and at least he has a decent track record.  Yes he's made some very questionable decisions recently but the man's not an idiot.

However, even if he were to be sacked, many of the names tossed around on here are either totally ridiculous or utterly bizarre.  Why in the name of all that is holy would Howe, Bielsa, Wagner (who turned down Wolfsburg not too long ago), Silva, Gallardo etc. want to come anywhere near us?  All of them would be able to get jobs at clubs in far better positions.

Then there are some suggesting that we go for the likes of Pardew, Redknapp, Platt, and so on.  I'd rather take a drill to my own eyeballs than see any of that shower of shite manage my club.

Others insist that the only successful managers are foreign.  Their opponents cry that we need a British manager.  Someone like Smith at Brentford, y'know, because they beat us (a rare feat only achieved by the most accomplished of tacticians) and he's a Villa fan too.  So he must be good.  I mean, he can organise his current team, so why not us?  It's not like Bruce was able to do that effectively and lead his previous team to promotion only a matter of months ago...

Other than that, there isn't really anyone unless you go for someone with a similar record and experience to Bruce, who would most likely have similar ideas and be entirely uninspiring, or we take a gamble on somebody (be that a more inexperienced manager from the Championship or lower, or someone from abroad) which could very easily backfire and see us set back to yet again continue in this death spiral for a further year or more.  I can see why some would say they'd rather take the risk after all the dross that's been served up for so long, but we really do need a little patience first because one thing we haven't had since the start of that period is a sense of stability.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If I hear, He needs more time, Bruce's record or Stability one more time I think I'll go f******* mental.

Get the useless f***** out of here.

F*** him off.

Bruce Oooooooooouuuuuuut!!!!!

:crylaugh:    You are so eloquent.   I was trying really hard to think of some thoughtful way to express my thoughts about Bruce.

"He deserves more time"  Based on what?   "He's got a successful record"  At Villa?   "We just need stability"  How does being stably shite help anything?   He needs to try a different formation"  Rearranging deckchairs.  

While trying to be eloquent, your post showed up.   I think I'll just start using f******* a lot more.  

(- 100%)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If I hear, He needs more time, Bruce's record or Stability one more time I think I'll go f******* mental.

F*** him off.

fence sitter!

• Like 1

Stability...hearing that just reminds me of Mourinho's return to Chelsea, it's the one word he kept repeating over and over again upon his appointment...look how that turned out...I don't think fans are too unhappy with Conte...

Sometimes striving for success requires a certain degree of conviction & ruthlessness...

Everyone would love "stability" but what does that actually mean, in a practical sense? I, and I'm sure many others, would love for there to be stability but in the sense that we produce consistent performances, have a consistent playing style & system and consistently get results. That's the kind of stability I would like and I would be more than happy for the right management team to be in place that would be worthy of the time to make a start on and produce that stability and have a long and stable tenure. A team that would at least provide some shred of encouragement and enthusiasm that has been missing for an age...

The stability I do not want is, well, what's happening now really. The stability of this season has been consistently shit performances, consistently shit results and a consistent lack of a playing style & system.

No thank you...

We are all over the place and Bruce is lost, end it now before it gets even worse and give someone better suited a chance to turn things round otherwise it will be too late and if we end up having to bring in someone just to try & save us from relegation they won't have time to even do that!

I don't see how anyone can, with any certainty, state or fully believe that performances and results will improve and that we will ever actually look like getting a win at this rate. The decline is alarming and it has just been a constant stream of low points, with the complete absence of any high points, under Bruce.

End it now before it's too late, what a disaster...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

:crylaugh:    You are so eloquent.   I was trying really hard to think of some thoughtful way to express my thoughts about Bruce.

"He deserves more time"  Based on what?   "He's got a successful record"  At Villa?   "We just need stability"  How does being stably shite help anything?   He needs to try a different formation"  Rearranging deckchairs.  

While trying to be eloquent, your post showed up.   I think I'll just start using f******* a lot more.  

(- 100%)

I'm a Brummie

We just have it

Cor'elp'eet liyk

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Stability...hearing that just reminds me of Mourinho's return to Chelsea, it's the one word he kept repeating over and over again upon his appointment...look how that turned out...I don't think fans are too unhappy with Conte...

Sometimes striving for success requires a certain degree of conviction & ruthlessness...

Everyone would love "stability" but what does that actually mean, in a practical sense? I, and I'm sure many others, would love for there to be stability but in the sense that we produce consistent performances, have a consistent playing style & system and consistently get results. That's the kind of stability I would like and I would be more than happy for the right management team to be in place that would be worthy of the time to make a start on and produce that stability and have a long and stable tenure. A team that would at least provide some shred of encouragement and enthusiasm that has been missing for an age...

The stability I do not want is, well, what's happening now really. The stability of this season has been consistently shit performances, consistently shit results and a consistent lack of a playing style & system.

No thank you...

We are all over the place and Bruce is lost, end it now before it gets even worse and give someone better suited a chance to turn things round otherwise it will be too late and if we end up having to bring in someone just to try & save us from relegation they won't have time to even do that!

I don't see how anyone can, with any certainty, state or fully believe that performances and results will improve and that we will ever actually look like getting a win at this rate. The decline is alarming and it has just been a constant stream of low points, with the complete absence of any high points, under Bruce.

End it now before it's too late, what a disaster...

100%

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villarocker said:

That's not Brummie dude, that's yam yam! Maybe you're living too close to the Newton Road side of Great Barr? ;)

No I'm from the rough soyid

Aldridge Road soyid

Newton Roaders are Puss**s

6 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

F*** him off.

Cos these posts arent repititive at all........