New Manager : 2017

darrenm

10 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

And if giving him until the end of the season ends in relegation that is acceptable to you?

I don't believe we will be relegated bruce in his managerial career has never gone on a run like that which would lead to relegation. 

But if that were to happen of course he should be sacked. But for me should be given until end of season then evaluate. Let's see if actually sticking with a manager having a bad patch giving him time if breaks this sacking trend we have at villa

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Truth? Its your opinion..... There is a difference

Dont wanna p*ss on your vegemite but

the truth is

We're 16th

6 losses out of 7 played

the one draw was at home leadin 2-0 at HT

Bruce loaning in a shit GK

Bruce bringing Gaby back in

Still Hoofing whilst switching syszems/players

AND in serious danger of relegation to L1

I know its not mornings down there in the land of empty but you need to wake up and smell the coffee before you just diss what I post, be it my interpretation of the truth or just my opinion

Note to whoever

Nothing more annoying or pathetic than a poster shooting down another poster without at least giving a counter/alternative dialogue. Especially when the OP has given reasoning to his/her opinion.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

the truth is

We're 16th

6 losses out of 7 played

I know its not mornings down there in the land of empty but you need to wake up and smell the coffee before you just diss what I post, be it my interpretation of the truth or just my opinion

Note to whoever

Nothing more annoying or pathetic than a poster shooting down another poster without at least giving a counter/alternative dialogue. Especially when the OP has given reasoning to his/her opinion.

Go back to the original post I posted on.... You were having a go at people who might still want to back Bruce. No counter/alternative dialogue just having a crack you were. 

Now you have branded me pathetic, also implied that being down under renders me somewhat asleep to the situation.

This clearly isn't going anywhere productive. Enjoy your day 

Oh and for the record I never said you were wrong I just take issue with your unnecessary way of making your point. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

the truth is

We're 16th

6 losses out of 7 played

Note to whoever

B*ll*x.......

Your rules.

In fairness he did give a logical reason for his post.  He pointed out that truth is not the same as your opinion.  It could be a truthful opinion though.  I suppose he should have said your truth is not the same as a fact.  How annoying is this post btw.

Anyway bot.  I do think there is a genuine risk of relegation but in fairness i think given how shite we were last season and how many players and staff have changed there was always that from the start.

I think if we'd changed nothing and left Lambert in charge of the same squad as last year there was less risk.  However there would have also been less of a chance of promotion.  Change is risky by it's very nature.  You change something you increase risk.

Personally i think if we give Bruce more than 3 games to turn a brand new squad into a team he will turn things around and we'll start to pick up points (maybe not against Newcastle I'm not deluded).  

Granted there is no guarantee, so i wont claim it's a fact, but if we did change whoever we put in charge i think would struggle more to turn us around and steady the ship before we're down.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Go back to the original post I posted on.... You were having a go at people who might still want to back Bruce. No counter/alternative dialogue just having a crack you were. 

Now you have branded me pathetic, also implied that being down under renders me somewhat asleep to the situation.

This clearly isn't going anywhere productive. Enjoy your day 

Oh and for the record I never said you were wrong I just take issue with your unnecessary way of making your point. 

Now you know very well that I've given reasoning to all my "Rantings" "statements"

So to pick up on me being fed up of people claiming stability/more time/Bruces record is a bit rich imho.

Anyway

Jason Day is Ranked nr 1 Golfer in the world

You lot are more than capable at Cricket and Rugby, so supporting AVFC is just a means to bring you back down to earth.

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Note to whoever

Bruce deserves more time to encourage stability and despite the recent run of results I do believe we are safer in his hands than the unknown!!

I can see both sides of the argument, although I favour a change, if it comes with a well thought out plan. 

I am struggling though to understand what Bruce has done since he's been here to "deserve" a chance?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Now you know very well that I've given reasoning to all my "Rantings" "statements"

So to pick up on me being fed up of people claiming stability/more time/Bruces record is a bit rich imho.

Anyway

Jason Day is Ranked nr 1 Golfer in the world

You lot are more than capable at Cricket and Rugby, so supporting AVFC is just a means to bring you back down to earth.

I have no idea what the relevance of that last paragraph is, happy to just leave things there. 

4 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

B*ll*x.......

like it

Your rules.

In fairness he did give a logical reason for his post.  He pointed out that truth is not the same as your opinion.  It could be a truthful opinion though.  I suppose he should have said your truth is not the same as a fact.  

Opinions have been going back and forth for a while (not a problem for me - all for debate)

How annoying is this post btw. 

why not?

you are explaining yourself

Anyway bot.  

Bot. ??

I do think there is a genuine risk of relegation  

me too

but in fairness i think given how shite we were last season and how many players and staff have changed there was always that from the start.

we need the clear out

we have replaced with better (except SJ)

I think if we'd changed nothing and left Lambert in charge of the same squad as last year there was less risk.  However there would have also been less of a chance of promotion.  Change is risky by it's very nature.  You change something you increase risk.  

sorry but if PL was not sacked 2 yrs ago we would have been down here a year earlier

Personally i think if we give Bruce more than 3 games to turn a brand new squad into a team he will turn things around and we'll start to pick up points (maybe not against Newcastle I'm not deluded).   

Strongly disagree but imho v iyho

Granted there is no guarantee, so i wont claim it's a fact, but if we did change whoever we put in charge i think would struggle more to turn us around and steady the ship before we're down.  

Again - cant agree with this

P.S. There you go, wasn't all that annoying after all

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I can see both sides of the argument, although I favour a change, if it comes with a well thought out plan. 

I am struggling though to understand what Bruce has done since he's been here to "deserve" a chance?

I can see both sides too. To me it is a case of the devil you know is the better than the devil you don't. Bruce could turn things around very quickly with the quality we have, and if we get on decent run and finish the season strong things won't look quite so bleak. Just my opinion I am fully aware that I could be wrong. Changing manager doesn't guarantee changing fortunes....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I can see both sides too. To me it is a case of the devil you know is the better than the devil you don't. Bruce could turn things around very quickly with the quality we have, and if we get on decent run and finish the season strong things won't look quite so bleak. Just my opinion I am fully aware that I could be wrong. Changing manager doesn't guarantee changing fortunes....

I agree, if Bruce could show some sign of life then keeping him to the end of the season would be ok. He just seems like he's flailing around without any plan. 

Equally the club must have a plan when (if) they do replace him. The upper management can't just flail around either. If they have a plan and the right man is available now, then I'd pull the trigger. 

• Like 2

Bruce needs to hold his hands up and just say Johnstone has been shit and stick bunn back in. Bunny not great but Jesus far better than Johnstone. All you have to do is get a shot on target and 9/10 it's a goal

I think this is a massive reason why we have been so shit. Keeper is complete turd

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Better the devil you know used to be the defence of Randy Lerner. 

• Like 1

I'm on the fence now to be honest ffs.

Part of me even wonders if we would do well to bring in an experienced Assistant Manager/Coach from one of the top clubs in Europe who play good football and have a great philosophy etc?

They will have all the technical knowledge, know how to deal with egos and thrive in the opportunity to begin their own management legacy.

Aside from that, I have always wanted AVB for obvious immature reasons.

I think keep Bruce for a couple more games tops if there is no turnaround or signs of it.

• Like 3