New Manager : 2017

darrenm

Someone had to start one. And to avoid clogging up the Bruce thread with speculation and names, if Bruce is to go soon (which could be likely if things don't pick up), who would you like to see replace him?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Someone had to start one. And to avoid clogging up the Bruce thread with speculation and names, if Bruce is to go soon (which could be likely if things don't pick up), who would you like to see replace him?

Chris hughton but he wouldn't come here I doubt .

Might have been tempted back in October though.

Surely an ambitious manager would look at us buying the best players in the championship and be doing everything they can to get their nose in. We need someone who considers themselves above the job almost. Someone who won't be overawed and will play an attacking pressing game. Someone like Benitez but obviously not him.

Crikey, Prandelli's available. That'd be a decent match up

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jimbojustice said:

Literally if we sacked Bruce we start the same cycle that keeps putting us in this place. He needs way more time, we can't keep sacking managers, we need to give them real time to reshape the squad.

I'd normally agree. But we've literally bought the championship. We've skimmed the cream off other clubs. Another manager wouldn't need any other players to fit their style, they have the best available already

38 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Who cares? Mourinho Fergie Pochettinho would come here and be rendered hopeless by dint of association. We're fated for perennial failure regardless. Nothing and no one will turn us around

You say that like the managers we have had are good.

They're not.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

The club is poison, SB may not be everyone's cup of tea but he's record in this league is exceptional. Something is inherently wrong at this club that saps the life out of everything that goes into it. 

Probably me and my OTT negativity.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1