New Manager : 2017

darrenm

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Up until the 43rd minute, I'd have said give him the season, but **** this, the guy doesn't have a clue. The season is over, and this clown can't be trusted with a summer window.

Over? We got a relegation battle on our hands mate 

12 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Would Marcelo Gallardo be attainable? Has been sensational at River Plate and would speak English due to his time playing in the MLS. Be worth trying anyway.

why would you swap River Plate for a 2nd division relegation battle. He will have bigger offers in the coming years

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

Prandelli( we can all dream), he'd have no inhibitions about managing Aston villa. How refreshing it would be to see a coach bring innovative, modern ideas to training and squad betterment.

innovative at this stage would be passing the ball for a few minutes

Just now, Zatman said:

why would you swap River Plate for a 2nd division relegation battle. He will have bigger offers in the coming years

If you are willing to pay £30m+ on championship level strikers and are willing to pay the likes of Jedinak £60k a week it would be worth offering a shitload of cash to potentially world class managers. He is disillusioned with Argentinian football at the moment too for various reasons. He will probably replace Simeone eventually though.

It would be no harm to have ambition when going for the next manager.

• Like 1

No to rowett, yes he did OK with small heath but we've seen how fans react to their ex-managers in our employ as soon as it begins to fail. 

Warburton is available now and was successful iin this league by playing attractive football

Otherwise I think we should go for dean smith

Is Prandelli the guy who supports Villa? If so, maybe he would be interested.

I like what Simon Grayson's doing at Preston. He's been taken two of our youth players and made them into good players at this level. He's right up there in terms of overachieving with that group of players.

What about Karanka? Surely wouldn't take much to get him away from Boro as he seems to hate the owners there.

Can we hire a manager who's competent? I'm not looking for the next mourinho, just someone who can come in and get the best out of the squad of players he has, most of the time. For example a manager who can take this expensively assembled squad and get them playing like a team that will be in the tip 6 next season, where they should be. 

I don't care if the manager is Harry bloody redknapp at this stage. Just someone who isn't complete turd. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Is Prandelli the guy who supports Villa? If so, maybe he would be interested.

Yes, he is, would be a decent shout. Got to say, names like Rowett/Warnock/Warburton are depressing, take a chance and just throw some cash at a foreign manager, can't do much worse that what we've had to endure over the last 6 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Can we hire a manager who's competent? I'm not looking for the next mourinho, just someone who can come in and get the best out of the squad of players he has, most of the time. For example a manager who can take this expensively assembled squad and get them playing like a team that will be in the tip 6 next season, where they should be. 

I don't care if the manager is Harry bloody redknapp at this stage. Just someone who isn't complete turd. 

I think you'll find Harry Redknapp is a complete turd. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If you are willing to pay £30m+ on championship level strikers and are willing to pay the likes of Jedinak £60k a week it would be worth offering a shitload of cash to potentially world class managers. He is disillusioned with Argentinian football at the moment too for various reasons. He will probably replace Simeone eventually though.

It would be no harm to have ambition when going for the next manager.

if he is disillusioned at Argentinian football, imagine how quick it will take him at Villa to give up football for good 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I think you'll find Harry Redknapp is a complete turd. 

He is but the point is i dont care if I hate the new manager personally, if he can do even a semi decent job here it would be a breath of fresh air. Be it mick mccarthy or Johnny foreigner. At this stage I don't care. 

Edited by villa89