New Manager : 2017

darrenm

If he goes we could do a lot worse than Brendan Rodgers.

Habing said that o don't think it matters who it is. The guy who eventually gets us to click could be a nobody, or a foreign lower League guy, there's no magic formula,

But  it's clear as day that whilst continuity is a good ideal, you can't keep Managers who don't perform.

Since August 2015, Sherwood 4 points from 10 games, Garde 12 from 21, Black 1 from 7, RDM 10 from 11, and now Bruce with 26 from 20 - which is not too bad but disturbingly 11 from 13.

Mind boggling that anyone thinks the fans are in any way wrong to want rid of people with returns like that.

Its simple the problem WAS Investment + Culture+ Manager now 2 of those have largely been fixed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Who would seriously join us at this stage of the season?

Honestly there's no possibility he goes before the end of the season. He has these games to show something because so far he's shown nothing other than seeing that Gardwood weren't good enough. If he doesn't show us that he has a team capable of getting promotion between now and the end of the season he should be let go in the summer.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Honestly there's no possibility he goes before the end of the season. He has these games to show something because so far he's shown nothing other than seeing that Gardwood weren't good enough. If he doesn't show us that he has a team capable of getting promotion between now and the end of the season he should be let go in the summer.

I think there is a possibility.  If results go on as they are we could get relegated - of course its unlikely they will continue to be as bad but its possible.  My money, if that got closer and closer to reality, would then be on someone within the Club taking over until the end of the season. Of course even if we get sucked right into the relegation fight they might still keep him judging him to be as much use as anyone else to keep us up.

However the liklihood is you are right, he wont go until the end of the season and he wont go then if we finish top half.

Edited by terrytini

3 minutes ago, terrytini said:

However the liklihood is you are right, he wont go until the end of the season and he wont go then if we finish top half.

I think he's safe no matter what. Even if we finish the season badly I think the people at the club will give him the start of next season as well before they consider pulling the trigger. I wouldn't but they will.

31 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I think he's safe no matter what. Even if we finish the season badly I think the people at the club will give him the start of next season as well before they consider pulling the trigger. I wouldn't but they will.

I would not have much faith in them if they did not realise that a new manager would need to be in before the summer

On 2/12/2017 at 22:49, weedman said:

EVERY manager makes tactical choices that many fans are left baffled by, MON did all the time but got us up and challenging, Man Utd fans used to say the same about Fergie. Bruce's record throughout his career in this division prove he is not "out of his depth and/or completely useless" 

Cant recall any manager signing the 2 best midfielders in the league and playing them in unnatural positions effectively nullifying their ability...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

thats not realistically going to happen.

Assuming it doesn't, then lets back him all the way to Christmas, rather than change manager again

Isn't it? We're only 7 points above the drop zone and have picked up 2 points in our last 8 games (assuming we don't come back tonight, which I can't see), we're rocketing toward League 1 currently, something needs to change.