Villa Kit 2017/8

stewiek2

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I think recon is only on the back of the new signings shirts when unveiled - don't see it being a permanent fixture as it's not on the shirts for sale or wasn't on the shirts in friendlies.

Sorry Eastie, I edited my original  post just as you were quoting me. Rongtian He has said that it it will actually feature. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Seeing as Rongtian He has confirmed that it's on the players match shirts this season, I wonder if there is any financial benefit for Villa? 

Some may not be happy if they buy the shirt and it's different to the one the players wear - surely it should be the same as shirts purchased ? 

Surely that's the point of a replica shirt ? 

Edited by Eastie

Just now, Eastie said:

Some may not be happy if they buy the shirt and it's different to the one the players wear - surely it should be the same as shirts purchased ? 

His wording suggests it's only on the match shirts. That said he could mean it's on all shirts, but English not being his main language chose incorrect wording. We'll find out I guess once shirts land in fans hands at the end of the month. 

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

His wording suggests it's only on the match shirts. That said he could mean it's on all shirts, but English not being his main language chose incorrect wording. We'll find out I guess once shirts land in fans hands at the end of the month. 

If you bought a shirt without a name and number it would look a bit odd with recon on it - the club shop have been taking orders and there's no recon on the back of those being sold ? 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If you bought a shirt without a name and number it would look a bit odd with recon on it - the club shop have been taking orders and there's no recon on the back of those being sold ? 

Like I said we won't know until they ship. His wording suggests it's the match shirts only which may be 100% the case - in which case we'll have to deal with it I guess.. 

14 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Like I said we won't know until they ship. His wording suggests it's the match shirts only which may be 100% the case - in which case we'll have to deal with it I guess.. 

Can't see them being able to change  from the photos advertised to pre order as that is what you are buying.

surely they couldn't change them after taking orders .

A shirt with no name and number would be ruined by recon on it for some and for others it wouldn't be a replica if they have a name and number but no recon .

Edited by Eastie

6 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Can't see them being able to change  from the photos advertised to pre order as that is what you are buying.

surely they couldn't change them after taking orders .

Are you asking or telling? Have you read the T&Cs? I'm sure you'll find them on the website rather than risk being wrong.

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Are you asking or telling? Have you read the T&Cs? I'm sure you'll find them on the website rather than risk being wrong.

I've ordered the away one as the photos  advertised have a plain black , I don't order name or number and if recon was added then it should be shown in the photos of the advertised shirts in my opinion as I wouldn't want it with recon on the back.

i can not see any t&c regarding changing the pre ordered shirt on the website .

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I've ordered the away one as the photos  advertised have a plain black , I don't order name or number and if recon was added then it should be shown in the photos of the advertised shirts in my opinion as I wouldn't want it with recon on the back.

i can not see any t&c regarding changing the pre ordered shirt on the website .

It took 20 seconds to find http://shop.avfc.co.uk/stores/astonvilla/en/help?hpg=terms Perhaps the section on "refunds" would be appropriate.

50 minutes ago, limpid said:

It took 20 seconds to find http://shop.avfc.co.uk/stores/astonvilla/en/help?hpg=terms Perhaps the section on "refunds" would be appropriate.

Indeed :)

Although I'm pretty sure the shirts will be sold as seen in the shop photos which the t&c seem to confirm.

Please note: The products illustrated on this web site are as seen. 

http://shop.avfc.co.uk/stores/astonvilla/en/help?hpg=stock

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The recon on Johnstone looks like the proper logo, Terry's was same font as the player name from memory.

It is the proper logo - it seems the players will have the recon logo on the shirts this season .

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It is the proper logo - it seems the players will have the recon logo on the shirts this season .

I wonder what the rules are on self sponsorship, thought I read once it had to be not your own company. Maybe different for back of shirt or summit...

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I wonder what the rules are on self sponsorship, thought I read once it had to be not your own company. Maybe different for back of shirt or summit...

Least we are not going down the mike ashley route ;)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daweii said:

I have both the home and away shirt, they don't have it on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Eastie said:

Surely that's the point of a replica shirt ? 

They are always different. Different quality, material, the league logo's on the sleeve...