Fans Consultancy Group Meeting

OutByEaster?

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It was spoken about under Tony Xia but are there still plans for Villa Park's capacity too be taken too 60000 or exceed that number??

Tony xia had plans other plans for Villa Park, apprantly very good plans. Are those plans still in the pipeline or do the new owners have there own plans for the future of Villa Park and if so can any be revealed??

Hopefully there are plans to upgrade the North Stand first, and then the Doug Ellis stand. However I would doubt anything will happen until we are back in the Premier League.

There's absolutely no point upgrading the capacity of Villa Park to 60,000 as we would never fill it. 70% of our games have 8-10,000 empty seats at Villa Park. Sky are obviously not helping this, especially with the red button games this season... but that is for another conversation.

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Hopefully there are plans to upgrade the North Stand first, and then the Doug Ellis stand. However I would doubt anything will happen until we are back in the Premier League.

There's absolutely no point upgrading the capacity of Villa Park to 60,000 as we would never fill it. 70% of our games have 8-10,000 empty seats at Villa Park. Sky are obviously not helping this, especially with the red button games this season... but that is for another conversation.

I would settle for a revamped exterior for the absolutely dreadful Trinity Road Stand.  I am sure some clever architects could modify it in a proper "Villa" style without needing to pull the thing down.  Obviously much of the corporate areas internally are first class but the exterior is shocking.

I remember speaking to Mark Ansell, who blamed the council planning department for the design, but surely they did not make all those grey corrugated steel panels compulsory!

JS27035470.jpg

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

It was spoken about under Tony Xia but are there still plans for Villa Park's capacity too be taken too 60000 or exceed that number??

Tony xia had plans other plans for Villa Park, apprantly very good plans. Are those plans still in the pipeline or do the new owners have there own plans for the future of Villa Park and if so can any be revealed??

Xia had a lot of plans, of which none actually happened. I will be happy if we can start getting 40,000 on a regular basis before anything else.  I just can't see how we could get a 60,000 stadium on the current blueprint of the site unless basically the whole thing was knocked down. The Doug Ellis plans had to be lowered in height when it was built in the 1990s due to complaints from the surrounding houses, I can't see how the Holte could be expanded, and Trinity Road was rebuilt which is already over Aston Park.

50,000- maybe, but only if we got promoted and became a solid top 8 side again. The North Stand is fine for now but if we ever want to be one of the big boys again it would have to go.  The whole area gets really busy when we sell out at the moment so I would expect significant investment in the whole of Aston/Witton infrastructure would be needed if we really started to be serious about this again.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Xia had a lot of plans, of which none actually happened. I will be happy if we can start getting 40,000 on a regular basis before anything else.  I just can't see how we could get a 60,000 stadium on the current blueprint of the site unless basically the whole thing was knocked down. The Doug Ellis plans had to be lowered in height when it was built in the 1990s due to complaints from the surrounding houses, I can't see how the Holte could be expanded, and Trinity Road was rebuilt which is already over Aston Park.

50,000- maybe, but only if we got promoted and became a solid top 8 side again. The North Stand is fine for now but if we ever want to be one of the big boys again it would have to go.  The whole area gets really busy when we sell out at the moment so I would expect significant investment in the whole of Aston/Witton infrastructure would be needed if we really started to be serious about this again.

I like your insight into what could be done to the ground.. Yes fans certainly would have to be regularly packing villa park out for talks of plans and only way I see that happening is if we get promoted.

apparently xia had all these plans none really got disclosed apart from the pitch being done and it did get done even though we was in trouble. I would love to see all the plans xia had ready to go and think if they are not still in the pipeline should be released for us to see. 

I also wonder if Nas and Wes have plans of there own for future development of Villa Park. I think the owners should certainly be looking to make villa park into a stadium that can have all sorts going on ie athletics, concerts other sports, wrestling and so on. This could help create jobs and funds for the future, villa park could eventually pay for itself as a venue that has all sorts of events other than football. But as you said with complaints in the past the chances are that a new stadium would have to be made for all of the above. An entirely new stadium and in a location where noise wouldn't be an issue could be what villa needs but would the fans go for it as its a good historical ground.

I guess the question is what facilities could be built in Villa Park that could make use of the events out there on a regular basis, As it stands Villa Park is not a multi event use stadium is it, how would that change if it could be changed.

Wes and Nas I hope at some point say they have plans for Villa Park,  we will just have to wait and see.

Let's get promoted first though and get the fans flooding back to VP..

Edited by Dave-R

I don't get these complaints of noise and congestion, surely people are aware of this before buying a house in the area.

It would be like buying a house next to the airport and complaining of jet noise and low flying aircrafts. 

Villa Park has been there before everyone currently living around there moved in, and had a capacity of over 75000 at times

• Like 1

@OutByEaster?

Standards is a word that Edens uses a lot in interviews as well. Is there any evidence of these standards being implemented effectively? Yes. The Milwaukee Bucks.

I'm sure Purslow, with his experience, is used to working with them in his roles as well. But Edens took an entire sporting franchise that was failing miserably and brought it success. So it's Edens record that impresses me.

Exciting times. Thanks for the write-up.

Edited by A'Villan

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Luke was not the kit designer? That is surely not true. 

Maybe it means officially the designer was fanatics. As in they get the credit and rights or whatever. 

But it was Luke who actually did the designing. 

Just a guess. 

It was quite clear from all the promo work when the kit launched that Luke designed it. I believe that Fanatics are the ones making and producing the kits due to the volumes required. It does sound that it’s not a very lucrative deal, which is being reviewed. 

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It was quite clear from all the promo work when the kit launched that Luke designed it. I believe that Fanatics are the ones making and producing the kits due to the volumes required. It does sound that it’s not a very lucrative deal, which is being reviewed. 

It wouldn't be the first time a kit has been "designed" by a named designer only for the reality to be somewhat different.

I'm not saying that's the case here, and I've no ITK on it, but if the CEO is saying it's a marketing only deal I can see how that'd work for both the club and the brand.  Luke gets his logo everywhere and all the positive PR, and the club doesn't get it in the neck from the fans because we've gone from Nike to Under Armour to Fanatics...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It wouldn't be the first time a kit has been "designed" by a named designer only for the reality to be somewhat different.

I'm not saying that's the case here, and I've no ITK on it, but if the CEO is saying it's a marketing only deal I can see how that'd work for both the club and the brand.  Luke gets his logo everywhere and all the positive PR, and the club doesn't get it in the neck from the fans because we've gone from Nike to Under Armour to Fanatics...

On a possibly related note, here are Kanye West's design sketches for his Adidas collection in 2019.  Obviously, Luke is an actual designer and not a, erm, whatever Kanye West is these days...

image.png

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

On a possibly related note, here are Kanye West's design sketches for his Adidas collection in 2019.  Obviously, Luke is an actual designer and not a, erm, whatever Kanye West is these days...

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

We often say that with those people that run our clubs, actions speak louder than words, and I'm happy to say that Mr Purslow followed up on his promise to arrange a meeting with the relevant heads of department this evening., It was good to hear from those in charge of facilities, catering and our media output on issues which particularly related to their areas. I won't go into too much detail as minutes will follow, but it was good to cover some of those topics and there are a couple of positive things that can only help.

• Like 2

Â