The Manager thread

Xela

50 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's one of those managers everyone says is good because he's quirky and foreign.

He's shite.

I'd disagree. He did well at teams he managed at both ends of Bundesliga table and overall done alright at Southampton.

With their model there's a limit to what they can do as team certainly dosen't have the quality it did a decade ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Let the rumors of the return of Steven begin.

Rangers fans warned us, Gerrards whole coaching was all Michael Beale. I can't see them taking Gerrard back without a serious number 2. 

16 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Let the rumors of the return of Steven begin.

Hope he does go back and Postecoglou can show him up even more. No ill will against Gerrard, but hopefully then the love in from the media will stop.

21 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Hope he does go back and Postecoglou can show him up even more. No ill will against Gerrard, but hopefully then the love in from the media will stop.

The love in from the media will never stop. Just take a look at Steve Bruce. He fails, fails a bit more, then fails even further and no matter where he goes, fans are told he's the messiah and that they shouldn't be too harsh on him.
Even when he walked out on Sheff Wed and then said he'd never quit a job whilst at Newcastle, the media said nothing. 

Maybe Gerrard is the next Bruce? Infallible. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

See Bielsa to Bournemouth fell through in the end...Gary O'Neill made permanent manager after an overall strong caretaker spell.

I think thats a very risky appointment.  Done well but could be a honeymoon period

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think thats a very risky appointment.  Done well but could be a honeymoon period

Could be but considering Bournemouth could've easily done a Norwich he's done very well to lift them 3 points clear of relegation and they do have goals in them, especially at home.

On 07/11/2022 at 01:35, HalfTimePost said:

I like Ralph. Wouldn't want him at Villa mind, but don't think hes not good enough to be a Prem Manager

To lose 9-0 twice suggests to me an unsuitability for the level he’s at, or was at till he got sacked.  Whatever talents he clearly has as a coach, that’s just not something I could accept in a manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

To lose 9-0 twice suggests to me an unsuitability for the level he’s at, or was at till he got sacked.  Whatever talents he clearly has as a coach, that’s just not something I could accept in a manager.

Absolutely when lambert lost 8-0 to chelsea that was unforgivable in my eyes. So to lose 9-0 twice jesus christ

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Looks like we could see some managerial changes on the international stage. Enrique is sure to leave Spain after their exit, Flick perhaps to leave Germany?

Have some respect please. It's Herr Flick

I don't know where else Germany can go, flick is really highly regarded there so if he can't get a tune out of them then the question would be who can, likely to be pragmatic and have a proper look at everything, the coach, the players, the youth set up etc

All that said bierhof has quit as head of the DFB so who knows, they'd tried to get Low to do it before and he'd said no

Â