The Manager thread

Xela

Dyche seems the perfect fit for Everton. It will be interesting to see how he operates at a club with quite big expectations. I have a feeling he will succeed where many others have failed. No nonsense approach is just what they need. It's not going to be ticki- tacka, but I don't think he's as one dimensional as some make out. He will have better players at his disposal than what he had at Burnley, so I'm sure he will adapt his methods and have them playing in a style similar to how Moyes had them playing. If I was going to have a flutter I would fancy him to avoid the drop, although, I get the sense that it's one too many close escapes and this season might just be the one where they drop through  the"Moon Door". A bit like how Coventry eventually dropped out. 

I would like them to stay up, always enjoy a Villa v Everton fixture.   Imagine, about to move into a brand new stadium and your first game is at home to Rotherham. As sad as it may seem, it would be difficult not to laugh at that one. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

• 2 weeks later...

In 1995, Neil Warnock was manager of Huddersfield and Gianluigi Buffon played for Parma. In 2023, Neil Warnock is manager of Huddersfield and Gianluigi Buffon is playing for Parma.

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Geez warnocks come out of retirement again. I swear he has retired three times already? 

I expect fistface back soon shortly

Warnock in 2007 when joining Palace: "It's my last job, without a shadow of a doubt, there won't be another job for me":

• Haha 1

On 17/02/2023 at 06:52, Zatman said:

Parker was also the 5th English manager to manage in the Champions League knockout phase

Redknapp, Lampard, Potter and Shakespeare the others

Shocking really in 30 years of the CL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Both Potter and Moyes given the dreaded vote of confidence.

Which one is going first?

Moyed surely won't survive if they lose at home to Forest at the weekend.

Think Potter will get axed aswell if they don't get past Dortmund as then they have about 12 dead rubber prem games so can be a mini pre season for the next manager.

Â