The Manager thread

Xela

Dyche is a good manager, overall did an unbelievable job at Burnley, but I didn't think he was the right kind of appointment for us as we've been down the path of trying manangers that have over achieved at 'smaller' clubs a few times over the years, was time to try something else and go for someone more proven at an higher level.

Plus I don't think we were ever going to appoint him given the way it ended at Burnley and we had only just sacked Gerrard for similar reasons.

As long as it's not with Wolves or Leeds, hope he does well in his next job and proves a few people wrong as feel he's often unfairly maligned.

Never gets talked about as a possibility for the England job, but truth be told would probably do a better job than some of the managers linked.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm much happier with Emery, but I think Dyche is a better manager than he's given credit for, and I'd like to see what he can do/if he can do anything much at a bigger club with slightly better players than Burnley. 

I agree. Although im hapoy eith emery i think dyche isnt as bad as some think. I bet he is a success at his next job which i think will be wolves

• Like 1

Guess is the right place for this, just watched this ranking every current premier league manager, sky sports. Ending up shouting at quite a bit of it😁

Personally...

A: Jurgen Klöpp (Liverpool), Pep Guardiola (Man City), Antonio Conte (Spurs), Unai Emery (Aston Villa)

B: Erik ten Haag (Man Utd), Graham Potter (Chelsea), Brendan Rodgers (Leicester City), Mikel Arteta (Arsenal)

C.  Thomas Frank (Brentford), Eddie Howe (Newcastle), Ralph Hassunhüttl (Southampton), Patrick Viera (Crystal Palace)

D. David Moyes (West Ham), Marco Silva (Fulham), Steve Cooper (Nottingham Forest), Roberto De Cerbi (Brighton)

E: Frank Lampard (Everton), Gary O'Neil (Bournemouth), Jesse Marsch (Leeds), N/A (Wolves)

Harder than I thought with some of them. I have taken into account of who I would personally prefer as a manager, rather than just their managerial records ie David Moyles done well with WH but wouldn't want him anywhere near the Villa job.  

Edited by markc
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Seems Chelsea fans want Potter out already. What a great bunch of lads.  

Yep my mate who is a ST holder cant stand him.  Apparently he has been playing sterling as a wing back ! 😂

They got truly humiliated today

world class scumbag and part time football manager Joey Barton cleared of beating his wife even though by the sounds of the story in court he might have. But she wasnt a credible witness

How has football not banned this guy

10 hours ago, messi11 said:

Ruben Amorim topping the Champions League with Sporting! Looks like Spurs going out too
What a manger. was always out of our league

;)

lol-meme.gif

• Haha 3

Previously I've thought that Hasenhüttl has done an underatted job at Southampton just to keep them out of any serious threat of relegation, as they've had a really poor squad, but past few transfer windows they've been signing a number of talented younger players so their squad looks more promising than it did,  maybe they feel they should be doing better now.

Still seems a big risk to me though, will be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him.

Dyche would seem obvious but don't think he fits their model of mainly signing under 23 players so think it will be a coach from abroad, similar to Brighton getting in De Zebri.

Southampton remind me so much of us under Lambert a decade ago, odd good result and good player but they just lack so much experience in games. Really fear for them if Ward Prowse gets injured.

Â