Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

32 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

That's my point mate. He got you goals. If Hogan can do that like he did for Brentford then we have an asset. Unfortunately I'm unconvinced.

Im convinced he can't !!!!- I know DB did nothing but score goals - I think his first touch was in a different league to Hogans.

11 hours ago, hippo said:

Too much over analysis here...I think he is so shit...people just cant accept it and conjure up very complicated theories (hogan is the better finisher!!!) as to why ....the obvious, that if you cant control a ball, head a ball, beat a man, dribble, rhen you aint gonna score many goals is just too simple for some  "experts" ....

This.

If Hogan really was this really good player who was just struggling with the setup, then he'd be showing these flashes here and there when he eventually gets in good positions and then does something.
The comparison with Bent falls down because Bent would still show you his quality now and then even if he was struggling to get into a game.

Hogan doesn't do that. he goes missing and when he does get a chance he mis controls it or fluffs his lines. 

But he runs around a lot so people like him. If he was more like Kodjia or Jordan Ayew off the ball then everyone would hate him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This.

If Hogan really was this really good player who was just struggling with the setup, then he'd be showing these flashes here and there when he eventually gets in good positions and then does something.
The comparison with Bent falls down because Bent would still show you his quality now and then even if he was struggling to get into a game.

Hogan doesn't do that. he goes missing and when he does get a chance he mis controls it or fluffs his lines. 

But he runs around a lot so people like him. If he was more like Kodjia or Jordan Ayew off the ball then everyone would hate him.

There is a technical term for the medical condition of having a great engine but not having the faintest clue what to do on the football field - otherwise better known as the "Brett Holman".

Be interesting to see if he can do anything there. He has looked so poor for us.

For the best if he can score some goals so we can recoup some money for him.

Edited by Tomaszk

Or an alternative being Scott Hogan becomes a good fit at Sheffield United and starts firing some goals to put them in the automatic spots.

The following season Sheffield could then buy him. 

Without being insulting to Sheffield United, its a smaller club compared to Villa with less expectation. He could thrive as he did for Brentford. 

Wish him no ill-will.

Suspect he had one good spell at Brentford, when the whole squad played exactly to his strengths and it coincided with him being in form. We have Tammy banging them in, and physically they couldn't be much more different. I just hope we're getting his wages paid, and a loan fee or an obligation to buy.

Thanks and good bye.

I really wanted him to do well. I liked him. He worked hard. He seemed a good lad.

There is nothing better than having a player with No.9 on the back of his shirt, your player, and have him scoring goals in front of the Holte.
I wanted him to score goals so badly and be "our no.9"

...but there comes a time when you just have to admit he's shit.

• Like 1

Hopefully he goes there and scores a few.  We then know we DO have a player on our hands after all and either he comes back here and does well for us next season or someone actually does take him off our hands for a bit of a fee and get 100% of his wages off the book.

I think it is very very telling though that his old manager who got lots of goals out of him, and Hogan tweeted his delight to see arrive, still doesn't seem to fancy him.

• Like 1

Â