Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think so. He's 27 next month, and his career has amounted to a good six months in the Championship. I just don't think he's very good. 

And this is just the simple fact. Nothing to do with systems and managers. Scott Hogan is not a good player at this level.

• Like 3

He's started one game for them and he performed very well. Got an assist and a good rating in a win against Reading.

However, I think the move to Sheffield United was an odd one. I think their brand of football suits him but he's joined a squad that already had an established partnership in Sharp & McGoldrick who, whatever you might think of them, have banged in 33 goals between them in the league this season and they brought in Gary Madine on deadline day as well as him. He's going to be facing a battle for minutes unless their partnership suffers injuries or goes through a cold streak.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

He's started one game for them and he performed very well. Got an assist and a good rating in a win against Reading.

However, I think the move to Sheffield United was an odd one. I think their brand of football suits him but he's joined a squad that already had an established partnership in Sharp & McGoldrick who, whatever you might think of them, have banged in 33 goals between them in the league this season and they brought in Gary Madine on deadline day as well as him. He's going to be facing a battle for minutes unless their partnership suffers injuries or goes through a cold streak.

I didn't realise they had as many forwards. He will get less game time than here I think. 

13 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I don’t know the situation at Sheff United in terms of their forward line, but I’m not quite sure why they wanted this deal.

Apparently he was always a fan of Hogan.. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By all accounts he was brilliant for them the other day, so what happened last night?

He's not very good so he can't get into the team.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

1 game in over a month and some people think we will get 6-8million from Sheffield United 😂

When you look at how many games in over a year then we will be lucky to see 6-8 quid, let alone million.

39 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We're stuck with this clown.
Nobody in their right mind is going to touch him. 

You can bang on about playing him in the right system etc. but it's all a load of nonsense. All I see is a player who can't pass, shoot, dribble, doesnt show for the ball, cant head and cant tackle.

He's now had the only manager that ever got some quality out of him and it's still not worked.

Then the excuse was the system was wrong, but he's going to Sheff Utd where their system is better so it will suit him!

But it's still not working.

I'm looking forward to the next excuse.

I like the guy. He has a good attitude and a good workrate.
But he's not a very good striker at this level. He's living on a 6 month purple patch.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

We are stuck with him. Even Bruce wouldn't come in for that price

Many other reasons why Bruce wont come in at all. Mainly as Hogan is definitely not a fan

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He is a £15k player on £35k-£40k a week.
We'll get nuttin'

15k? I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he's worth more than £500 a week in wages.

He just doesn't look like a footballer at all. 

I just think he looks like a total confidence player. Whatever club can give him lots of first team football and get him scoring 3-4 goals will have a solid player. Until that happens, he looks completely lost. 

Â