Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

On 14/04/2019 at 11:54, jackbauer24 said:

Max O'Leary. 

Ok, I've only seen him in yesterday's game but he was outstanding. Never seen such a good opposition performance from a keeper in 20 odd years. If that level can be maintained, he'll have an amazing future. He basically had a YouTube highlights reel in one game...

I watched him live three times on loan for Solihull Moors last season and also the game at villa park last week.

He is a very good talent it was obvious when at Moors that he has massive potential.  He has a good future 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Barzagli announced his retirement and for €600000 Juventus got over 300 games, 7 league titles, 2 champions league finals and part of one of the best defences ever. Throw in a World Cup and Bundesliga

One of greatest signings ever 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

Sometimes wonderkids get overhyped but watching Kai Havertz live today he looks some player. Takes the ball anywhere and similar enough to Jack in play but playing bit further forward. Unlike Jack he didnt get 4 or 5 bad tackles per game

On that if we dont go up, Jack gets an offer from abroad he should go

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Ademola Lookman at Everton.

How he is not a first team regular is beyond me. What a talent this guy is and would love to see him arrive at Villa.

Dean Smith type in a position we lack. You'd hope we'd be interested if we go up, but still he'd probably get better offers I think.

Rodrigo de Paul at Udinese. 

Surely gone after this season, fantastic little player and really puts in a shift for a creative type. Probably get a big move this summer, be interesting to see how he does with talent around him. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Ivan Perisic. Every time I see him play he's just on it the whole time.

Be interesting to see where he goes. Inter fans I know can't wait to get rid, and are worried they might not be able to. 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 17:34, Zatman said:

Barzagli announced his retirement and for €600000 Juventus got over 300 games, 7 league titles, 2 champions league finals and part of one of the best defences ever. Throw in a World Cup and Bundesliga

One of greatest signings ever 

He's always been the one under the radar compared to Chellini and Bonucci. Saw him for years at Palermo and just thought he was your typical hard as nails Italian CB but never thought he was anything more than that. Was a squad player in their 2006 WC win.

He also played three years at Wolfsburg and won the Bundesliga with them to add to his great career. Juve then signed him when he turned 30.

10 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Ivan Perisic. Every time I see him play he's just on it the whole time.

He's actually had a poor season for Inter as @kurtsimonw states. Feels like he's past his peak and they probably should've cashed in when Man. United were bidding 40m 18 months back.

Very direct player so yes he would do well in premier league.

Really liked Pulisic when I saw him in a CL game a couple of seasons back against Spurs. Very direct and his dribbling was exceptional.

Not sure he’s anywhere as good as Hazard right now but in a few years he could well be. Seemed to have lost his way last season at Dortmund though. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Chelsea.

• 3 months later...
34 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Raheem Sterling has worked so hard on his game, always improving under Pep. Think there is a good argument that he is right up there as one of the best in the world now 

He always used to get into good positions but his decision making and finishing was atrocious. Under Pep his awareness seems to have increased ten-fold and he’s clinical, he’s up there for sure.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Raheem Sterling has worked so hard on his game, always improving under Pep. Think there is a good argument that he is right up there as one of the best in the world now 

Yes he would get into any team in the world now. 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

he's 2nd tier (sounds bad but the top tier is taken up by them 2) alongside hazard, Griezmann, Neymar, mbappe, maybe salah

mbappe is probably the only one i'd pick over him

bale's dropped off that list IMO

I’d say third tier, for me you have the outstanding two, tier two is KDB and Modric , tier three is the ones you say

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

Â