Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

On 28/12/2018 at 15:46, Zatman said:

He is twice the player of Dier though apparently reports in Ireland is Robbie Keane got him to declare for Ireland 

Every time I see Rice interviewed I keep thinking he must be related to Ciaran Clark in some way, spitting image!

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't know much about the guy, or about Newport, but Padraig Amond seems to be scoring every time I stumble upon 'EFL on Quest', and I see he has helped knock Boro out of the cup tonight as well. 

Class act at that level. Newport are my second team (Dad supports them) so I watch them a fair bit. Amond is a really decent all-round striker - technically very good, good in the air and surprisingly quick too. Apparently some stat last night that, in the 72 EFL clubs, only Neal Maupay has had a direct hand in goals this season (26) than Amond (24).

FWIW, I rate their keeper Joe Day too.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Class act at that level. Newport are my second team (Dad supports them) so I watch them a fair bit. Amond is a really decent all-round striker - technically very good, good in the air and surprisingly quick too. Apparently some stat last night that, in the 72 EFL clubs, only Neal Maupay has had a direct hand in goals this season (26) than Amond (24).

FWIW, I rate their keeper Joe Day too.

I was slightly surprised he wasn't purchased in January to be honest.

I'll keep a look out for Day. 

Amond is pushing 31 soon so probably why he hasnt moved up but consistent at that level. Has always had potential when playing in Ireland but maybe chose the wrong move when he left to go Portugal

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Dusan Tadic was a player that I always rated, nice to see moving to Netherlands hasnt lost his touch. Has tore Madrid midfield up so far tonight

Frenkie De Jong 1st time have really seen him but looks a good player though has a dive in him that will fit in at Barcelona ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Skruff said:

Martin Ødegaard. Taken huge steps this year. Ripping it up the Dutch league at the moment. Sky's the limit for this guy. 

Possibly on his way to Ajax to replace DeJong.

Good move for him if so.

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Possibly on his way to Ajax to replace DeJong.

Good move for him if so.

Its a move he should have made at the start instead of going to Madrid. He be a lot further in his development

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Its a move he should have made at the start instead of going to Madrid. He be a lot further in his development

I don't think training with Reals first team for two years while playing in Spanish 2(3) division would be hampering to anyone's development. Train with the best while being galvanised in a though lower league. 

I don't believe he would step into Ajax first team anytime sooner if he went there instead of Madrid. Moving there now seems like a perfect move at a right time. Will be interesting to see how he does in a better team. I hope and think hes going to have a brilliant seasons and make even further steps in his development. By that time he should be ready to move to a better league. If he isn't all ready. 

44 minutes ago, Skruff said:

I don't think training with Reals first team for two years while playing in Spanish 2(3) division would be hampering to anyone's development. Train with the best while being galvanised in a though lower league. 

I don't believe he would step into Ajax first team anytime sooner if he went there instead of Madrid. Moving there now seems like a perfect move at a right time. Will be interesting to see how he does in a better team. I hope and think hes going to have a brilliant seasons and make even further steps in his development. By that time he should be ready to move to a better league. If he isn't all ready. 

I have to disagree, 1st team football he would have got at Ajax and he would have worked with the best coaches in Europe for developing players. Its in the clubs DNA

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree they have the willingness and ability to stick a 17 year old in the team whereas Madrid don't

But looking at it in reality is he getting in the Ajax team in the last 2/3 years with neres, ziyech, kluivert etc??

Maybe. We never know but he would have had a chance

I don't think he would as he was, at times, struggling to make an impact at Heerenveen last season.

No doubt Ajax would have been a good choice. But I don't think whether he went to Ajax or Real Madrid as a teenager will define the ceiling of his career. 

His currently on his second year at senior football since moving to Madrid, doing very well in a decent league. Becoming a regular for the Norwegian national team. 

Turned 20 this year. Future looks bright and his career just started.

Max O'Leary. 

Ok, I've only seen him in yesterday's game but he was outstanding. Never seen such a good opposition performance from a keeper in 20 odd years. If that level can be maintained, he'll have an amazing future. He basically had a YouTube highlights reel in one game...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Max O'Leary. 

Ok, I've only seen him in yesterday's game but he was outstanding. Never seen such a good opposition performance from a keeper in 20 odd years. If that level can be maintained, he'll have an amazing future. He basically had a YouTube highlights reel in one game...

He will soon fade into obscurity when we sign him for £12m on a five year deal.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2019 at 11:57, rodders0223 said:

He will soon fade into obscurity when we sign him for £12m on a five year deal.

Please do. You’ve already got three of Ashton Gate’s all time favourite players in your team - Adomah, Kodjia and Abraham. Admittedly Albert was more for his personal charm than his all round effectiveness, though.

Â