Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Harry Kane. He's like a throwback to the great strikers of the 90's, but with the vision of late 00's Wayne Rooney. What a player. 

Second this. If he was a touch quicker or more powerfully built, he would be an all-time great. I think he will still be one of the great players of his generation, but just off that Ballon d'Or standard.

I also really rate Raheem Sterling, and generally judge a random England fan's understanding of football by their opinion on him. He can be a bit flaky in front of goal, but his movement is unreal, and he does it relentlessly for the whole 90 minutes. Just constantly dragging defenders out of position and creating options.

• Like 4

On 15/10/2019 at 00:52, KentVillan said:

Second this. If he was a touch quicker or more powerfully built, he would be an all-time great. I think he will still be one of the great players of his generation, but just off that Ballon d'Or standard.

I also really rate Raheem Sterling, and generally judge a random England fan's understanding of football by their opinion on him. He can be a bit flaky in front of goal, but his movement is unreal, and he does it relentlessly for the whole 90 minutes. Just constantly dragging defenders out of position and creating options.

He's certainly one the top 3 or 4 strikers in the world. Aguero, Suarez and Lewandowski I would rate ahead of him. 

lewandowski is 31, suarez 32, aguero 31

2/3 years ago I would have put kane with icardi and Dybala but he's way ahead of them pair now, PSG have a 70m option on icardi so if I was a spurs fan id be hoping he's a success because if he fails cavani is 32 too and unless they convert mbappe (which is very possible) I think kane would suit them

if you tweak the description slight to best striker in the world in his 20s then for me no one is anywhere near him

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

lewandowski is 31, suarez 32, aguero 31

2/3 years ago I would have put kane with icardi and Dybala but he's way ahead of them pair now, PSG have a 70m option on icardi so if I was a spurs fan id be hoping he's a success because if he fails cavani is 32 too and unless they convert mbappe (which is very possible) I think kane would suit them

if you tweak the description slight to best striker in the world in his 20s then for me no one is anywhere near him

You put Kane in those teams and I think he outperforms them, he's that good. I don't think he'll ever hit the heights of Suarez in his prime but I think he's equalled prime Lewandowski already, and he still has a good 5 years of that prime to go.

His loan stints have really skewed his record but since the 2014-15 season where he broke through for real, including England duty he's scored 194 goals in 280 games in all competitions. Damn near Ronaldo/Messi numbers.

A while back I put Kane ahead of Lewandowski. Lewandowski's record is inflated by the fact that he plays in an easier league and for by far the best side, Kane in that team would score more IMO, plus Lewandowski has never shown up at a major international tournament.

That said, Kane for me has dropped off in his level over the past 12 months, he wasn't as impressive last season, injuries aside, his record wasn't as good.

Ultimately it would be great to see Kane leave Spurs. Spurs are an average club who will never win anything, he ought to be playing for a better side before long.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ultimately it would be great to see Kane leave Spurs. Spurs are an average club who will never win anything, he ought to be playing for a better side before long.

depends on how much of a spurs fan he is, I would like to see him go play for barca and score 60 a season (but im still not sure he's a barca / madrid type signing, depends on the euros, how marketable is he really?) but at the same time if he plays for spurs for another 10 years, breaks their records, breaks englands records, maybe even shearer's record...then fair play to him

im not one of these who uses messi staying at barca as a stick to beat him with, its his club, staying somewhere regardless of success because you're a fan is admirable (and lets face it barca are successful and the biggest club in the world so the criticism is stupid)  hopefully jack thinks the same

• Like 2

What sets aside players like Zlatan or Suarez from Kane is the sheer number of assists. They have literally hundreds of assists while also scoring for fun.

Cavani, Kane, all contribute with the odd assist, but not close what those guys have.

Even Lewandowski has over a 100 assists to Kane's 45 or Cavani's 62

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A while back I put Kane ahead of Lewandowski. Lewandowski's record is inflated by the fact that he plays in an easier league and for by far the best side, Kane in that team would score more IMO, plus Lewandowski has never shown up at a major international tournament.

That said, Kane for me has dropped off in his level over the past 12 months, he wasn't as impressive last season, injuries aside, his record wasn't as good.

17 in 28 in the PL and 24 in 40 in all comps is still pretty good even ignoring injuries. He never really got up to speed last season because of injury and he was still better than 1 in 2. Like you said, if he played for Bayern his record would be even better. Instead he plays for a Spurs side who haven't won away from home in 2019.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Sterling is a phenomenal player now.

Yeah he really is, he’s become a lot more composed in front of goal over the past 2 seasons, he makes it look simple.

Fingers crossed he has an off day on Saturday or picks up a little knock beforehand.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Had a bit of a reminisce about Guti today. Those no-look back heels. Crazy.

Amazing vision and passing.

Not making any other comparisons but Martin Ödegaard has some of the same traits as Guti had.

Looks like he might have picked up some skills while training under him at Real Madrid.

• Like 2

On 24/10/2019 at 13:17, Tomaszk said:

This young lad Haaland.

My word what a striker.

Best "number 9" to come through since Lewandowski.

It's a bit exciting. I've grown used to my national side being a shit team of cloggers, but now it's  looking interesting. Basically got a spine of Ajer, Berge, Ødegaard, Haaland and King. 

Just need 2-3 better players for the wing position, CB partner to Ajer (Nordtveit is shite) and we might actually reach a world cup again. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's a bit exciting. I've grown used to my national side being a shit team of cloggers, but now it's  looking interesting. Basically got a spine of Ajer, Berge, Ødegaard, Haaland and King. 

Just need 2-3 better players for the wing position, CB partner to Ajer (Nordtveit is shite) and we might actually reach a world cup again. 

What are their various attitudes like? Can you see them all succeeding long term?

Really fancied Berge for us in the summer. Odegaard and Haaland beyond us now I think.

Also like look of Hakon Evjen. Reckon he could make it in England?

Â